My iPad is going crazy HELP

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MuscleMommy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

I came home and was going to get on my iPad. I put in my pw and it started opening up random apps and web pages and would not let me control it. It was acting as if an invisible kid was on it having a good ole time.

I did a hard restart and it then it went crazy tying stuff in the pw field and locked me out for 3 minutes. I finally got it shut off. What is wrong? I have had it only 2 months. I only use it while at my chemo treatments and take damn good care of it. Ugh does it need to betaken into Apple? I don't have Apple care

2. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

if you have done a hard reset already then I would try hooking it to iTunes and see if you can sync it and then do a restore. If that doesn't work ten It needs to go to Apple

3. Dustu2

Dustu2 Member
    Bronze

I would imagine that Restoring as new, as stated above, would fix it. However, if you restore and it's still acting up that way... Take it straight to Apple, show them what it's doing, and explain that you already tried restoring. You should have no trouble getting a replacement unit.

4. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks y'all. Trying that now. When you say set up as new how do you do that

5. Dustu2

Dustu2 Member
    Bronze

When you start the Restore process via iTunes, it will, at some point, ask if you wish to Restore as New iPhone, or Restore from Last Backup. Just choose the former.

6. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Ok did restore as new and it didn't work. Will set up Apple apointment

7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

My phone went crazy last night. Froze up, notification center opened itself up, spinning wheel turned off and stayed on the Apple logo for 5 minutes before turning on again.
    Maybe was a crazy Apple iOS day.

Glad to see you're doing ok btw.

8. Babyt

Babyt Zealot
    Gold

If you bought it brand new 2 months ago.. You should have 10 months of Apple care left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

9. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks benny- I spent all of december in hospital and christmas I was in ICU. I have had a rough time on chemo so that is why I haven't been around the boards. But I am finally home and taking a chemo break for 3 weeks. :( I had a blockage in my stomach, which required immediate surgery with lots of complications - that ended in me laying in icu with my stomach just open to see all my insides for a week and half.... thank god that is behind me now.

Ok ONE MORE QUESTION - Can I back it up before i take it Apple - with it still going crazy? I checked it this morning and it was still going crazy.... I go to Apple tonight at 8pm.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Try to back everything up yes, incase they replace it.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I don't know how you do it. You are my hero, one of them at least :D

Even if your not around we always wish you the best, and hopefully soon to see you back in full force and healthy.

12. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks Benny! I took my iPad in and they tried a restore which didn't work since I had already tried it. I got a new iPad and now back businesss. I should be around the boards more now that I am at home

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Glad that you not only got the iPad issue resolved, but that your home again and hopefully on the mend.

14. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

YAY! For a working iPad AND being home with your insides back where they belong! You ROCK Girl!