My iPhone 3G is the coolest thing I have ever owned!

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
My iPhone 3G is the COOLEST thing I have EVER owned!

I've had it for a few weeks now and I am over awed with it. I had a 1st gen touch and sold it for a 2nd gen touch then sold it for my 16gb black iPhone.

I still spend sometime each day just staring at my iPhone. I just love the look and feel of it. I had it for one day only before we headed out on got one for my wife as she was blown away with it as well.

I know this sound like Apple fanboi speak....but the iPods and the iPhones are the only Apple products we have ever owned.

I have to admit that I think my iPhone is giving me stress and OCD......LOL I'm CONSTANTLY worried about drops, scratches and blemishes :(

Does it get any easier after a few months!~

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

I've had it for a few weeks now and I am over awed with it. I had a 1st gen touch and sold it for a 2nd gen touch then sold it for my 16gb black iPhone.

I still spend sometime each day just staring at my iPhone. I just love the look and feel of it. I had it for one day only before we headed out on got one for my wife as she was blown away with it as well.

I know this sound like Apple fanboi speak....but the iPods and the iPhones are the only Apple products we have ever owned.

I have to admit that I think my iPhone is giving me stress and OCD......LOL I'm CONSTANTLY worried about drops, scratches and blemishes :(

No. :laugh2: The V1 was my first Apple product and that's all it took to get me hooked. About 6-8 months later I got a MacBook Pro. I have pretty much turned in to a fanboy and it doesn't help that we have an Apple Store here.
I too am constantly doing something on the phone and with the App Store now, there are tons of things to do.

Enjoy the phone and know that you don't need a 12 step program. You will be fine.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

What's even better is that people will ask you "what's he number for Jimmy's Pizza?" and you will say "I can look that up on my iPhone."
And they will ask what time is the movie playing tonight. And you will say "I can look it up on my iPhone."

It is awesome! Have fun with your phone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it got easier for me to not worry about scratches and dents on my v1. At first, yes, i was paranoid... got a nice case and screen protector. But after a few months, i missed the sleekness of the naked iPhone, so i took off the case, and it has held up remarkably well. But, keep in mind, this is the v1 with the aluminum casing... if you went a while without protection on a 3g you probably will get a lot of light scratches in the plastic.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
if you went a while without protection on a 3g you probably will get a lot of light scratches in the plastic.
Doesn't take long at all. Went about 2 weeks before I found a case I liked and the Apple logo on the back has a light scratch on it. Gonna happen no matter how careful you are. I think just putting it in your pants pocked will do it. The plastic back is very "soft".

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I feel much the same way about my phone. I think it is so amazing. And now I want my next computer to be a Mac and I have never wanted a Mac before.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
15 months here on my V1, and I still do the "hold it at arm's length away and stare at it with mouth slightly open" thing. It's so freaking gorgeous. Also my first and only Apple product. Far from a fanboy, but definitely a fan. :)

It does things I never though I would be doing in this decade. And I do these things every day because it's so fast and easy to do them. Really a marvel, every time I use it. No, it didn't wear off on me. :D

I hate holding it naked, though. Still makes me very nervous. I much prefer handling it in my case.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Wow this thread takes me back to day 1. The unboxing of the iPhone was almost as exciting as having an org (well you know what I mean). As soon as I removed the top portion of the box. All I could see was a shiny new iPhone gleaming in the sun. I will never forget that day. I remember babying it like it was an infant. Wow just thinking about that day gives me chills...Mark:laugh2:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
don't get me wrong i love my iPhone, but some of you need to get out more, maybe get laid or something.......

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
The touch screen, the intuitiveness of the phone, the looks......everything about it to me is unique. There's just never been anything so functionally cool imo as the iPhone.

And I do stress that I will drop or damage it somehow. I also hate reading threads where people say things such as -

"My home button has stopped working"
"My screen is dead"
"My silent button fell off"
"My speaker has stopped working"
etc etc

LOL those posts fill me with dread.....I live a 9 hour return journey to an Apple store.

lilphilog

Dec 20, 2008

yes im loving my iPhone 3g too i have a lot of fun with it

djkeev

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
HI,

I agree with you about the 3G, just kind of amazing what it can do.
GET A CASE and a SCREEN PROTECTOR!
Even if you opt to go caseless (naked) by all means and I cannot stress this enough, get a screen protector. Once scratched, it is forever scratched. When you scratch the screen protector (and you will) you simply peel it off and install another.
Be anally clean when installing the protector sheet. Also do it in the bathroom right after or during a shower for the steam makes for a "dustless" environment.
DJK

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
If you like a naked iPhone get bodyguardz. I have it on mine now and it's nice. It's kind of tricky to put on but if you get it right they are nice. Pull it off send the old bodyguards to them and they will send you another.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I still remember my first mobile phone...lol...it was for sure an ugly thing!

I have since the first mobile owned about 5-6, but the iPhone is something special - something that makes my day: sure it's a phone, but I love the calendar, Safari, mail, music on the road an some gaming now and then + more.

But it also the most expensive phone I ever have owned - the contract I'm on, the price of the iPhone itself and all these fancy apps I have downloaded from AppStore...

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I also hate reading threads where people say things such as -

"My home button has stopped working"
"My screen is dead"
"My silent button fell off"
"My speaker has stopped working"
etc etc

LOL those posts fill me with dread.
Me too! For some reason I am particularly concerned about the home button. Probably b/c someone once told me that her kid wore out the power button on their computer.

djkeev

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I still remember my first mobile phone...lol...it was for sure an ugly thing!
X2 !
Actually my first mobile phone came in a bag with an antenna sticking out of it. (the first "man purse"?) The handset was similar to the house phone only it had the pushbuttons on it and had a cord to the bag, just like the home phone to the desk top unit.
Ah, those were the days, no service almost EVERYWHERE and you really didn't expect it, you were thrilled just to have it in select locations. Any overtime minutes, long distance or roaming minutes were very expensive so you were real careful about who you called and how long you talked. All you could do on it was talk and listen.
DJK

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
X2 !
Actually my first mobile phone came in a bag with an antenna sticking out of it. (the first "man purse"?) The handset was similar to the house phone only it had the pushbuttons on it and had a cord to the bag, just like the home phone to the desk top unit.
Ah, those were the days, no service almost EVERYWHERE and you really didn't expect it, you were thrilled just to have it in select locations. Any overtime minutes, long distance or roaming minutes were very expensive so you were real careful about who you called and how long you talked. All you could do on it was talk and listen.
DJK
...antenna sticking out of it...I surely remember this...lol