My iPhone 4S crashes at night frequently.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wallman

Feb 4, 2012
Hello everyone! I bought an iPhone 4S from Sprint about two months ago, and I haven't had much issue with it since then. However in the meantime I've been trying to find an alarm clock app that requires you to do math to shut the alarm off.

1. I tried Smile Alarm (an app from the legit Apple App Store). It would cause my phone to randomly shut off during the night some nights. I even used my laptop as an alarm one night to check what was going on, and my phone was off 3 hours after I had gone to sleep.

2. Since there is not a single other app on the app market that I can find that has a math-alarm, I decided to just use the vanilla alarm app. No instability at all. So that at least is fine.

3. Then I learned about jailbreaking and the plethora of apps I could try, so I did that. Same problem as #1. There's absolutely no issues with the phone during normal usage during the day, no crashing, no slowdown, nothing like that.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I could do? It's clearly not just the fact that I've jailbroken my phone, it was a problem before that. It's pretty frustrating, because almost 50% of the function of my phone is serving as an alarm clock, and having the math feature would be really good.

Thanks.

EDIT: And yes, I have googled around a lot. But I haven't found any solutions that worked. I have tried restoring twice before, still with the same problem.

wallman

Feb 4, 2012
So I just restored my phone again, and now the only app that I am going to install is the smile alarm clock app. We'll see if the crashing was caused by some combination of things.