My iPhone 5 has crashed but did not sync photos. Can I recover them still?

Apr 23, 2013
On my phone, all I can see is a USB lead with an arrow pointing to an iTunes logo. I need to restore factory settings to get the phone working, but when I do that I lose all my media etc, and desperately need to recover my photos first. Does anyone know how to recover them when they did not sync to iTunes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you have iCloud backups or PhotoStream turned on? Either one will protect your photos without the need to sync to a computer. Do you have a PC or a Mac?

Apr 23, 2013
Did you have iCloud backups or PhotoStream turned on? Either one will protect your photos without the need to sync to a computer. Do you have a PC or a Mac?

No I didn't have either on as didn't expect this to happen, but at least I know know for the future. And I have a Mac at home but a PC in work, which I can access tomorrow.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
And also, I remember getting the iTunes crap couple times on my 4s. Hold the home button and power button till it turns off, it'll turn on and the Apple logo will appear, keep holding till that disappears and just let go of both buttons. Wait a few second and turn your phone back on. Make sure it's not plugged in when you do that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Download DiskAid on your Mac and see if it will allow you access anything. I don't think it will, but it's your only shot, unfortunately.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Download DiskAid on your Mac and see if it will allow you access anything. I don't think it will, but it's your only shot, unfortunately.
That's what I was thinking about earlier, but couldn't remember the name. That's good to know.