My iPhone 6 Might be Bent?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
How do I know? It's in a case which makes the protruding camera lens below the outside of the case. When I lay it flat on the table, it rocks a little. Looking at it from the side, where the SIM card is, it looks slightly bent. But it could be just my eyes. If it is, I'm sure Apple will replace it, but I'll lose my jailbreak. :(

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How do I know? It's in a case which makes the protruding camera lens below the outside of the case. When I lay it flat on the table, it rocks a little. Looking at it from the side, where the SIM card is, it looks slightly bent. But it could be just my eyes. If it is, I'm sure Apple will replace it, but I'll lose my jailbreak. :(
It's normal for it to rock when set on a flat table because the camera protrudes. You'll be able to tell if it's bent when you hold it up at eye level and look at the volume buttons. You wouldn't lose you're jailbreak. It almost certainly wouldn't come with 8.1.1, but even if it did there is a jailbreak for 8.1.1. Plus they are still signing 8.1...

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
It's normal for it to rock when set on a flat table because the camera protrudes. You'll be able to tell if it's bent when you hold it up at eye level and look at the volume buttons. You wouldn't lose you're jailbreak. It almost certainly wouldn't come with 8.1.1, but even if it did there is a jailbreak for 8.1.1. Plus they are still signing 8.1...
But doesn't my case hide the camera lens or make it now flush?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Yes. You'll have to take your case off to see if it's bent.
Looking at the volume buttons, it looks fine. But looking at the SIM card tray, it looks bent. I could just make a Genius appt and see what they say. I'll make sure I don't apply any themes, and turn off any status tweaks/Zeppelins when I bring it in.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Take it out of the case. Lay it on the edge of a counter or table with the camera off the edge.
I did this earlier and it still rocked. I just did it, with the camera lens and iPhone up to the line on the back, hanging over the nightstand, and it didn't rock. Maybe it fixed itself. Maybe my table was off. I know my eyesight is off. Or, I'm just off. :p

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It does look bent and odd that it is only bent on that one side. I would most certainly take it back ASAP.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Yeah, just backup via iCloud or through iTunes and restore to iOS 8.1.1 (which is jailbreakable with TaiG), get your replacement from Apple and re-jailbreak it as soon as you get home :p
Thanks, John! I can't live without jailbreak and will do it as soon as I get back to work. Ya know what, forget PKGBackup. I had that bug fron SkipLock and don't want that on the new iPhone. I'll just redownload all the tweaks that I must have. Key word, must.