my iPhone died today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

franco402

Jul 5, 2007
i just got my phone on monday. it worked fine up until this morning (thursday). this afternoon i took the phone out of my pocket to make a call and i got a message on the screen that said "Repair Needed: iPhone unable to make or receive calls". i called up Apple customer support right away and they had me do all the resets and usual over the phone things but nothing worked. i went to the Apple store where they told me that they had no idea why that would happen, but could not fix it. they tried to restore it 3 times but it wouldn't work. after the 3rd try they just gave me a brand new phone. i was pleased with the service and how helpful they were. i just really hope this doesn't happen again.
has anyone else had anything similar happen to them and their phone?

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
My first iPhone died too. It started with the safari crashing followed by the rest of the apps crashing too. Then just an error message stating 'contect to iTunes". My restore did nothing, took to Apple and they replaced it.

iPhone #2 has had very few problems. Wifi is still a little quirky but I'm hoping the first firmware update will address though problems.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I get that repair thing at least once a day.
You shoudl setup an appointment at the genius bar at an Apple store (if there;s one close to you). They'll probably replace it for you. You shouldn't have to deal with that on a recently bought 600 dollar product.