My iPhone FROZE this morning. Has yours ever pulled a WinDOZE?

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Yep, it froze this morning when docking it to my ipod radio at work. Now the screen is stuck on and nothing responds, buttons, screen, nothing at at all. Without a reset button and no battery to take out, I'm pretty much stuck with two options: let the battery run out or take it to a store. So as soon as an ATT store opens at 9am I'm taking the phone in. This is really lame.

Anyone else had their phone freeze up and what did you do about it?

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Try holding down the sleep and home button simultaneously. I think this will reset it, but I haven't tried it myself.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
I already tried that. In 20 min the ATT store will open though so I'll see what they can do about it.

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I already tried that. In 20 min the ATT store will open though so I'll see what they can do about it.
Dang, I was hoping that would work.

My next suggestion is to plug it into a computer with iTunes 7.3 and do a full restore to the phone. Hopefully AT&T can do that for you.

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yep, it froze this morning when docking it to my ipod radio at work. Now the screen is stuck on and nothing responds, buttons, screen, nothing at at all. Without a reset button and no battery to take out, I'm pretty much stuck with two options: let the battery run out or take it to a store. So as soon as an ATT store opens at 9am I'm taking the phone in. This is really lame.

Anyone else had their phone freeze up and what did you do about it?
Yes. See my thread from yesterday about it.
The short version is that you should try the Restore button in iTunes before you drive to the Apple store.

Last edited by a moderator:

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Just tried it again, this time for about 7 seconds and it reset. All my data is intact still. Sweet. :)

So is this a common occurrence or what? So much for the mac OS never locking up.

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Just tried it again, this time for about 7 seconds and it reset. All my data is intact still. Sweet. :)

So is this a common occurrence or what? So much for the mac OS never locking up.

I have never had this issue with my phone. (crosses fingers)

Safari has crashed a few times, but thats about it.

DigitalEndorphins

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007

Same thing happened to me. I was bummed when it froze up with no activity. I came here and searched for it and found the reset/reboot solution (hold home and wake button together for about 8 sec) and it reset my iPhone with all my info intact.

Glad it worked, but I hope it gets ironed out with a Software Patch because it's a scary 8 seconds hoping it can reset/reboot itself!

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Same thing happened to me. I was bummed when it froze up with no activity. I came here and searched for it and found the reset/reboot solution (hold home and wake button together for about 8 sec) and it reset my iPhone with all my info intact.

Glad it worked, but I hope it gets ironed out with a Software Patch because it's a scary 8 seconds hoping it can reset/reboot itself!

Tell me about it...I have only had to reset my phone once per some instructions on getting Yahoo Push to work right away, but other than that, I've been lucky so far *knock on wood*. I have had some scary moments resetting my iPod though...man, there's a lot of music on there and it's my main backup solution right now until I can get a large network drive to store stuff on. Scary stuff but I have faith in Apple. :)