my iPhone got FRIED

gotnagel

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
i hardly charge my iPhone through the wall charger.. i usually charge it through the computer because i noticed it charges faster do to the usb 2.0

i noticed my battery was died when i woke up in the morning, so i was too lazy to charge my iPhone on my computer and charged it through the wall.. after an hour of sleep i wake up and noticed that phone was burning hot.. i tried powering it on, and nothing happens.. i took out the sim card because i smelt something plastic and the sim card shrank

No local Apple stores are available today either. More likely go out of my way so i can get it exchanged by today

giving you guys heads up on the wall charger.. i don't kno what happen with mine

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i hardly charge my iPhone through the wall charger.. i usually charge it through the computer because i noticed it charges faster do to the usb 2.0

i noticed my battery was died when i woke up in the morning, so i was too lazy to charge my iPhone on my computer and charged it through the wall.. after an hour of sleep i wake up and noticed that phone was burning hot.. i tried powering it on, and nothing happens.. i took out the sim card because i smelt something plastic and the sim card shrank

No local Apple stores are available today either. More likely go out of my way so i can get it exchanged by today

giving you guys heads up on the wall charger.. i don't kno what happen with mine

Noticed that also about that wall charger, especially if the phone is laying flat. Sorry about your phone but you will get a new one.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

I've used the wall charger many times, with the iPhone lying flat, and a few times in the case, never had a problem. Maybe it's an isolated incident? Either way, I hope you can get a replacement without any hassles.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have never used my comp to charge the iPhone i use the wall charger all the time with a agent 18 case all the time, never a heat issue. recently i have used my ihome that i got for christmas, still with the agent 18 case and no heat issues,,sorry this happened to you and hope that you get it fixed or replaced

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I also use wall charger all the time, but also use ihome. I think I will stick to the ihome, I don't want any more problems. I am so sorry that happened and lately the Apple stores are so busy they don't have appointments for days, at least here in Southern California. I hope you get yours soon.

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
I use the wall charger and the base supplied with the iPhone. I have 3 phones between myself and 2 other family members and they all work the same on the charger.

gotnagel

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
yes it was. i just got backed.. i did not know they replace your iPhone with a reburished one

before it used to be a brand new one from the assembly.. oh well its okay

what also sucks is that i formatted my computer yesterday and wasn't able to sync my iPhone. Therefore, i have to enter all my contacts and my old settings. :rolleyes:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
yes it was. i just got backed.. i did not know they replace your iPhone with a reburished one

before it used to be a brand new one from the assembly.. oh well its okay

what also sucks is that i formatted my computer yesterday and wasn't able to sync my iPhone. Therefore, i have to enter all my contacts and my old settings. :rolleyes:

That is a real bummer...sorry

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that sucks if i had to enter all 300 contacts again that would suck, but by that point i think that i'd just do it into my computer and then sync address book from my mac, when i first got my iPhone i payed my brother 10 bucks to input all my contacts, he liked playing with the iPhone keyboard and didn't mind doing it, im sure that he didn't mind the 10 bucks either..

gotnagel

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
looks like Apple using a different lcd panel for the replacement iPhones..

LCD Panel ID: 7520768

It's way dimmer.. really not as bright as the past iPhones i had..

Are there different kinds of "7" series lcd panel id?

Gom33

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
you know what? i have noticed my lcd is dimmer than my wifes lcd... we both got the iPhones same day and everything... but with out brightness all the way up i can tell that hers is a lot brighter than mine... i don't get it, lol, it bugs me but i can't do nothing about it... lol...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
you know what? i have noticed my lcd is dimmer than my wifes lcd... we both got the iPhones same day and everything... but with out brightness all the way up i can tell that hers is a lot brighter than mine... i don't get it, lol, it bugs me but i can't do nothing about it... lol...
Hmmm. Interesting. But be happy about it, that means less power consumption.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

You can go into settings and adjust the brightness level in there. But the brighter the lcd the more battery it uses.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
i have never used my comp to charge the iPhone i use the wall charger all the time with a agent 18 case all the time, never a heat issue. recently i have used my ihome that i got for christmas, still with the agent 18 case and no heat issues,,sorry this happened to you and hope that you get it fixed or replaced
You have no problems with the iHome working with the iPhone? Does it play music from the phone as it did with the iPod? I have an iHome radio sitting in my garage because I gave my iPod to my Son when he left to the Army. Also which adapter do you need for the top or do you not need one with the iPhone?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
You have no problems with the iHome working with the iPhone? Does it play music from the phone as it did with the iPod? I have an iHome radio sitting in my garage because I gave my iPod to my Son when he left to the Army. Also which adapter do you need for the top or do you not need one with the iPhone?
I don't think you need an adaptor, but you shold put the phone in airplane mode when using iHome (that's what I was told).