My iPhone has died and I can't bring it back to life!

Jul 1, 2007
Corona, California
My iPhone just up and quit on me this morning. I had it docked in its cradle last night, and when I came in this morning it was completely off.

I tried holding down the Power button at the top to turn it back on... nothing.
I tried holding down the Home button for several seconds... nothing.
I tried placing it in the cradle which is connected to my laptop... nothing.
I tried plugging it in to the wall charger and turning it on.... nothing.

Completely dead. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a way to reset this phone or do I need to bring it in to the Apple store?

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm gonna cry... :mad:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
My iPhone just up and quit on me this morning. I had it docked in its cradle last night, and when I came in this morning it was completely off.

I tried holding down the Power button at the top to turn it back on... nothing.
I tried holding down the Home button for several seconds... nothing.
I tried placing it in the cradle which is connected to my laptop... nothing.
I tried plugging it in to the wall charger and turning it on.... nothing.

Completely dead. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a way to reset this phone or do I need to bring it in to the Apple store?

Any help would be much appreciated! I'm gonna cry... :mad:
Try holding HOME and the SLEEP button at the same time. Hold 'em for like 10 seconds, until you see the screen change.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Yessss! It worked! Thank you so much TrippalHealicks! I'm sure it is probably noted somewhere on Apple's troubleshooting tips page, but I panicked. Thanks! I love this forum! :laugh2:
No problem at all.
Everything i know about this phone, I either learned from playing with it, or from this forum. If the phone even came with a manual, I wouldn't know, 'cause I never pulled it out. lol