My iPhone hates BAT&TleStar Galactica!

LMen

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Atlanta
www.studiomendoza.com
So I purchased from iTunes the season 3 premier of Battlestar Galactica, and it always gives me the “Attempting to copy to the disk “Blah Blah iPhone” failed.
The disk could not be read or written to.”
I’ve gone ahead and downloaded other content with no problem at all. But every time it gets to that episode it gives me that stop sign with the exclamation point.
I have to un-check it in iTunes for anything else to be synced.
Any ideas?:(

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
So I purchased from iTunes the season 3 premier of Battlestar Galactica, and it always gives me the “Attempting to copy to the disk “Blah Blah iPhone” failed.
The disk could not be read or written to.”
I’ve gone ahead and downloaded other content with no problem at all. But every time it gets to that episode it gives me that stop sign with the exclamation point.
I have to un-check it in iTunes for anything else to be synced.
Any ideas?:(
Are you talking about the 2 hours long premiere "Occupation-Precipice"? I just loaded it on my iPhone (it's really located on my main computer's hard drive, which I access using the app "iPhone Remote"). It's playing fine. I downloaded it from iTunes months ago.
If everything else (movie-wise) loads fine from iTunes to the iPhone and plays, I suspect that file might have been corrupted during download. Does it play in iTunes on your computer? Does it have a .m4v suffix? If it doesn't play in iTunes, you may want to redownload it (yes , I know, they'll make you pay for it again).
Meanwhile, stupid question of the day: it's a big file, do you have enough space left on your iPhone?

LMen

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Atlanta
www.studiomendoza.com
Thanks for the reply!
It's the very same one. It'll play in iTunes, but it wont sync to the iPhone, and yes I have plenty of space on the phone.
In the info box, the episode is tagged as Mepg-4.
I think Apple is going to get another $1.99:mad:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for the reply!
It's the very same one. It'll play in iTunes, but it wont sync to the iPhone, and yes I have plenty of space on the phone.
In the info box, the episode is tagged as Mepg-4.
I think Apple is going to get another $1.99:mad:
Just for the heck of it, rename it .m4v and see if iPhone likes it any better.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I downloaded it from uTorrent months ago and played it through the telly on my N95. Had to convert it, mind.