My iPhone hung

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

saplingg

Oct 22, 2007
Hi, I need help with my iPhone.

• It has hung and now I'm stuck on a screen that says "Enter Passcode", with all 4 spaces filled.
  • I can't switch it off.
  • The home button doesn't work
  • I've tried calling it from my home and I hear the ringing tone on my home phone but nothing on the iPhone.
  • The screen is permanently switched on.
  • I've plugged it into my computer and it shows up on my iTunes and begins to sync and everything. But it still remains on that screen
  • I'm using software version 1.0.2, and I don't want to "restore my iPhone".
Is my only option to wait til the battery dies and then restart it? Or is there some way to reboot my iPhone?

Please help, thanks

Jul 18, 2007
Hung iPhone

Hi, I need help with my iPhone.
  • It has hung and now I'm stuck on a screen that says "Enter Passcode", with all 4 spaces filled.
  • I can't switch it off.
  • The home button doesn't work
  • I've tried calling it from my home and I hear the ringing tone on my home phone but nothing on the iPhone.
  • The screen is permanently switched on.
  • I've plugged it into my computer and it shows up on my iTunes and begins to sync and everything. But it still remains on that screen
  • I'm using software version 1.0.2, and I don't want to "restore my iPhone".
Is my only option to wait til the battery dies and then restart it? Or is there some way to reboot my iPhone?

Please help, thanks
Try Holding down the top (black) and the Menu button for 20 Secs (ignore the message "Slide to power off." You should see the Apple logo. If you don't see it just keep those two buttons held down until you do. Gl.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Don't restore it. The first posters advice was correct. Hold those button together until you see the Apple logo, then release.

Sep 29, 2007
Don't restore it. The first posters advice was correct. Hold those button together until you see the Apple logo, then release.
Holding down the top button and the home button and after 10 seconds releasing the home button places the iPhone into restore mode. Thus making you required to plug it into iTunes and restore.

saplingg

Oct 22, 2007
Thanks for the help. I didn't want to restore because I'm running 1.0.2 and if I restore I will have to update to 1.1.1. I just left it like that for about 5 hours and then it ran out of battery. When I plugged it in to the power socket it rebooted and now it works fine.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Holding down the top button and the home button and after 10 seconds releasing the home button places the iPhone into restore mode. Thus making you required to plug it into iTunes and restore.
yes but if you hold those two buttons down, the phone FIRST shuts off. That's when you let go. If you continue to hold the buttons down, the phone THEN goes into restore mode.