my iPhone is gone!

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
My son was doing me a favor and bringing my phone to work for me since I had accidentally left it at home and he lost it at a farmers market when it fell out of his pocket. When he told me I burst into tears and I'm not much of a crier! I know it's gone for good. I'd have a better chance of getting a kidney donated from a stranger than getting that phone back.
Besides wanting a bunch of sympathy from the only people who truly understand the implication of such a horrific event, I would like to know if theres anyway to lock my baby down so no one can use it as camera, ipod or even a paperweight. I called att and suspended service but they could not tell me if it could be reactivated by someone else. Do you guys have any ideas for me?
I hope whoever is playing with my phone right now and looking at the pictures of my twins 6th birthday ( which I had not synced yet) is plagued forever by urinary incontinence and rectal bleeding. :mad:
Sincerely,
Colleen

Wes61991

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Tennessee
Sorry about that man. Not sure what else you can do to lock it up.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah, that sucks, but its not someones fault they found it when your son lost it. i mean i guess the right thing to do would be to call "home" on it and try to return it, but now that you suspended the service they can't even do that. someone is for sure gonna just jailbreak it and unlock it and sell that thing and or use it themselves.

May 6, 2007
United States
I guess you just need to keep checking around and visit the store. Post a sign around to see if anyone found it. There are some people in this world who would return it, and hopefully your iPhone is in the hands of one of them.

Good luck!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Sorry man :[

Too bad its not already loaded with the 2.0 software. If it was you couldve done the remote wipe and then they wouldn't have been able to use it. Also, too bad its not the new iPhone since that one has GPS. It couldve probably been tracked if it was...I guess what ive been saying hasn't been too helpful...sorry about that.

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
Thanks for the replies you guys. I guess I'll head to the 3G forum to start learning about my new phone. Thank god for the price break.:laugh2:
Colleen
ps. ok so maybe I don't wish the rectal bleeding on anyone but I stick by the incontinence whole heartedly.

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Try some positive stuff... it may have fallen from his pocket and cracked the screen, killed the internals, who knows, perhaps whoever found it couldn't check the phone details or anything else on it to return it. I would rather think it was dead than being sold on fleabay :) My home insurance covers losses like this, check your policy although the personal files and pics are a sad loss... have another party for the twins and cheer yourself up :)

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Welcome to the club! I lost my iPhone last month. I waited a week before I shut if off hoping someone would call. Of course that never happened. Got a cheap phone until I can get the new iPhone. Im most upset because im in a non-3G reception area & now I will have to pay $10/mo more when I get the new 3G iPhone. Once you have an iPhone, you can never go back!

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I think your iPhone is in ebay or craigslist by now.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah someone would be that dumb enough to post it already lol!
-Go check bro, I don't know how to really look for it cause the seller isn't gonna say he found it and are selling it...

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
If you still have the iPhone I.D. # you can call AT&T & they can tell you if it has been activated. AT&T won`t get involved in recovering your phone, I tried. It not their policy.

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
Went to ATT today to activate my daughter in laws old razor. Yikes! I can't believe what a pain in the @22 this phone is. How I miss my baby! I had no idea how attached I was to my phone. I even slept with it. I miss the ding of the new e mail and the sound of my text messages rolling in! My strum ringtone was awesome and now all i hear is some "hello moto" crap.
BTW, The rumor at the ATT store is that you will only be able to buy the iPhone 3G if you already have an iPhone or are due for an upgrade as an ATT customer. Interesting!
Thanks for listening to me whine. I promise I will only whine for another 24 hours max:p
Thanks,
Colleen
PS, I no longer wish incontinence and rectal bleeding on the person that has my phone. I now wish and hope that they are forced to spend eternity texting with a motorola razor.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I thought the phone could be locked down by the carrier, something like the imei number, worth a check.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
BTW, The rumor at the ATT store is that you will only be able to buy the iPhone 3G if you already have an iPhone or are due for an upgrade as an ATT customer. Interesting!
That is interesting, maybe current iPhone owners get first pick, that would be cool, I'll just casually show up 5 min before show time and get in line with other iPhonians.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
PS, I no longer wish incontinence and rectal bleeding on the person that has my phone. I now wish and hope that they are forced to spend eternity texting with a motorola razor.
Colleen,
I am sorry your phone got lost. I would totally cry and freak out, too. The whole wishing someone to have to text on a Razr is super funny! But I still vote for the rectal bleeding. :laugh2:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Yeah someone would be that dumb enough to post it already lol!
-Go check bro, I don't know how to really look for it cause the seller isn't gonna say he found it and are selling it...
haha, again. Not a bro, or a dude, or a man. Just colleen.... lol
P.S. Im so sorry for your lost phone :-(. Im so glad it will be cheaper to replace it than before! :)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
haha, again. Not a bro, or a dude, or a man. Just colleen.... lol
P.S. Im so sorry for your lost phone :-(. Im so glad it will be cheaper to replace it than before! :)
-off topic-Kelly what color combo did you decide for the colorware?