My iPhone isn't charging! Please help.

DJ205

Jul 22, 2009
I have an iPhone 3g and it has been working fine until now. Now when i plug it in to charge it will show the battery and im able to sync it looks exactly like its charging normally but it wont charge all the way it will get to like 1/3 of the way then it will go back down and it will keep doing that and the iPhone gets pretty warm. so pretty much the battery doesn't leave red.

Jun 12, 2009
i had this exact same problem, when i connect my iPhone to the computer it would show as charging, but my iPhone would get extremetly hot and my iPhone would actually turn off because it runs out of battery to exactly 0%...unfotunetly i do not know how to fix this problem, and please if you know a way, please let me know

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I have an iPhone 3g and it has been working fine until now. Now when i plug it in to charge it will show the battery and im able to sync it looks exactly like its charging normally but it wont charge all the way it will get to like 1/3 of the way then it will go back down and it will keep doing that and the iPhone gets pretty warm. so pretty much the battery doesn't leave red.
Are you using the original charger supplied with the phone or an aftermarket charger? Sometimes aftermarket chargers can cause a problem even though they claim to be Apple approved. The original charger can go bonkers and need replacing also. There was a recall on the original 3G charger. This is the first thing I would replace. You may even get a free one if you go to the Apple store.