My iPhone issues.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iOrange

Nov 17, 2007
Costa Rica
Hi! I'm new here as you can see, and I'm hoping that you guys could help me out in some little things I'm experiencing with my iPhone. I got it recently, about 3 weeks ago, my aunt bought it in the US, and I unlocked it so I could use it here in Costa Rica. It have been working perfectly, however there are two little things that disturb me, one bigger than the other..
First: When I sync it with iTunes it says that it's using 3GBs of space in the "other" category, it's weird because I don't know what those 3GBs are.. However it appeared when I synched it with my iTunes library, I had it synched with another library the first days of use and it didn't showed those 3GBs. I would enter the iPhone's root directory and find out what is using those 3GBs, but I can't since I don't have wi-fi in my house.
And the other thing, which is what worries me the most.. About 4 hours ago the ringer stopped working correctly, the keyboard clicks sounds, music, new messages sounds, and other misc sounds don't sound! Only the call sounds (ringtones) seems to work! As I said, this problem just appeared recently, I listened to music without the headphones earlier and it worked fine, just like the rest of the small sounds. I already checked everywhere, reset settings and restared the iPhone several times, and the issue is still there.
BTW, I'm using firmware 1.1.1, and I'm not updating to 1.1.2 until official sources say it's fine for unlocked iPhones. And I'm also using Windows XP.
Thanks in advance! :)

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Hi! I'm new here as you can see, and I'm hoping that you guys could help me out in some little things I'm experiencing with my iPhone. I got it recently, about 3 weeks ago, my aunt bought it in the US, and I unlocked it so I could use it here in Costa Rica. It have been working perfectly, however there are two little things that disturb me, one bigger than the other..
First: When I sync it with iTunes it says that it's using 3GBs of space in the "other" category, it's weird because I don't know what those 3GBs are.. However it appeared when I synched it with my iTunes library, I had it synched with another library the first days of use and it didn't showed those 3GBs. I would enter the iPhone's root directory and find out what is using those 3GBs, but I can't since I don't have wi-fi in my house.
And the other thing, which is what worries me the most.. About 4 hours ago the ringer stopped working correctly, the keyboard clicks sounds, music, new messages sounds, and other misc sounds don't sound! Only the call sounds (ringtones) seems to work! As I said, this problem just appeared recently, I listened to music without the headphones earlier and it worked fine, just like the rest of the small sounds. I already checked everywhere, reset settings and restared the iPhone several times, and the issue is still there.
BTW, I'm using firmware 1.1.1, and I'm not updating to 1.1.2 until official sources say it's fine for unlocked iPhones. And I'm also using Windows XP.
Thanks in advance! :)

Do you have swaptunes installed on your phone? ... if so hit it and see if the media shows up on the phone .... worst case scenario i would restore and unlock again

iOrange

Nov 17, 2007
Costa Rica
I don't have swaptunes installed. I fixed the sounds problem, I just plugged in and out the earbuds like ten times.
But the 3GBs thing it's still there.. I installed mobile finder and tried looking for it in the iPhone's folders, but I can't find it.. I'll try syncing with another iTunes library to see if the 3GBs disappear..
Thank you for your help :)