My iPhone overheats...

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
It turns out my poor battery life is due to the phone overheating. I do have a case on it but I took it out after the last full charge and the phone still gets hot when I'm NOT using it. Once it gets hot, usually I lose about 25% of my battery even though the phone just sat on my desk with full signal, no WiFi or bluetooth. I knew something was wrong when I have to charge my iPhone after using it for 5 hours - all listening to the iPod and maybe made one call but no web surfing at all.

So I am going to the Apple store soon but I am wondering if I do get a replacement phone, will the Apple store peel off my screen protector on my current iPhone and put it on the new one? Also anybody has the overheating issues as well?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
It turns out my poor battery life is due to the phone overheating. I do have a case on it but I took it out after the last full charge and the phone still gets hot when I'm NOT using it. Once it gets hot, usually I lose about 25% of my battery even though the phone just sat on my desk with full signal, no WiFi or bluetooth. I knew something was wrong when I have to charge my iPhone after using it for 5 hours - all listening to the iPod and maybe made one call but no web surfing at all.

So I am going to the Apple store soon but I am wondering if I do get a replacement phone, will the Apple store peel off my screen protector on my current iPhone and put it on the new one? Also anybody has the overheating issues as well?
There are numerous threads on this, go to "search" and type "overheating" or "hot"...;)

And I don't believe Apple will peel off your screen protector, you will probably have to do that yourself...:laugh2:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
There are numerous threads on this, go to "search" and type "overheating" or "hot"...;)

And I don't believe Apple will peel off your screen protector, you will probably have to do that yourself...:laugh2:
Or send it to Indy who may do it for a nominal fee... :p

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
just ask the genius to put it back on your replacement phone. they did it for me. i'm sure they will do it for you too.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

what version you have 1.0.1 or 1.1.1