My iPhone questions...please answer.

detz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
1.) Are the contacts store on the phone or sim card?
2.) Will the power cord work from ipods, I have some extra once but I don't want to try them if I'm going to fry something?
3.) Is there a way I can tell if it's using WiFi over Edge? In my house it should be using WiFi but it still seems slow.
4.) Anyway to since the calendar to an online calendar program(yahoo,google, free one?)

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
3. ya it will have a big E insted of the 3 bars of wifi (or however many u have).

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
2.) Will the power cord work from ipods, I have some extra once but I don't want to try them if I'm going to fry something?
3.) Is there a way I can tell if it's using WiFi over Edge? In my house it should be using WiFi but it still seems slow.
4.) Anyway to since the calendar to an online calendar program(yahoo,google, free one?)

1. I don't know. I think they are synced to your computer each time you plug it in.

2. Yes, it should. I did this with mine and it worked fine. I am fairly certain that there are a few kinds of ipod cables though. (some with less pins i think) Do this at your own risk.

3. It will have a big E at the top where the wifi logo would be if you are not connected to wifi.

4. To my knowledge, no.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

1. The Phone, i'm pretty sure.

2. I think if it's the later generations of iPod, then yes. The ones that use the "dock cord" standard. I will know for sure, soon, as I ordered an iPod dock connector from eBay, to use as a second power source in my room.
If you already have one, plug it in. If it fits, it will work fine. Let me know if it does, because i'm anxious to know.

3. Yes, there are indicators to show which connection it's using. If you see a bunch of little vertical waves on the top row of the screen, that's the WiFi.

4. Dunno

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
1.) no they are not, i know because, i replaced my sim after having all my music, movies, contacts etc... and no change, just my phone number.

2.) rep told me they would, but i don't own an ipod...well, i do now:laugh2:

3.) yup, the e will be changed to a fan looking thing.

4.) don't know