My iPhone review and what's the real killer app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
I wasn’t among the few, the proud and the brave outside the Apple stores lining up for an iPhone, although thanks to my understanding and infinitely patient girlfriend, I was among the lucky few who scored their iPhone the first weekend it was out. The iPhone and I have been very happy together so far.

I thought I would share with you what I think is the most amazing feature of the iPhone, the REAL KILLER APP. Unlike the Treo or Blackberry, The iPhone has a distinct advantage – no buttons. Why is this such a brilliant move on Apple’s part? What makes the iPhone such a complete paradigm shift in hand-held computing? This innovative move gives Apple the ability to change features of the iPhone with JUST a software update. Expensive hardware doesn’t even enter into the equation. This is a feature no other electronics maker has had the luxury of, as all other phone devices have physical buttons, they rely exclusively on hardware for their innovations. This is Apple’s giant paradigm shift relying on software to make their device new. They have thrown down the gauntlet for folks in the electronics businesss. From now on everyone else will have to follow suit. Now you aren't just stuck with the device you bought - it can be updated easily.?The iPhone on its main screen has space for 4 more applications as there is room on the screen for four more buttons. It remains to be seen if Apple will add more programs through a software update or not. I think there is a good chance they will. I am looking forward to the ways my iPhone will grow with me and my businesss. Already I’ve experienced more freedom than I thought possible. As a tech consultant being able to remotely access my clients computers while on the go has opened up a whole new world for me… but more on that next time.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I wasn’t among the few, the proud and the brave outside the Apple stores lining up for an iPhone, although thanks to my understanding and infinitely patient girlfriend, I was among the lucky few who scored their iPhone the first weekend it was out. The iPhone and I have been very happy together so far.

I thought I would share with you what I think is the most amazing feature of the iPhone, the REAL KILLER APP. Unlike the Treo or Blackberry, The iPhone has a distinct advantage – no buttons. Why is this such a brilliant move on Apple’s part? What makes the iPhone such a complete paradigm shift in hand-held computing? This innovative move gives Apple the ability to change features of the iPhone with JUST a software update. Expensive hardware doesn’t even enter into the equation. This is a feature no other electronics maker has had the luxury of, as all other phone devices have physical buttons, they rely exclusively on hardware for their innovations. This is Apple’s giant paradigm shift relying on software to make their device new. They have thrown down the gauntlet for folks in the electronics businesss. From now on everyone else will have to follow suit. Now you aren't just stuck with the device you bought - it can be updated easily.?The iPhone on its main screen has space for 4 more applications as there is room on the screen for four more buttons. It remains to be seen if Apple will add more programs through a software update or not. I think there is a good chance they will. I am looking forward to the ways my iPhone will grow with me and my businesss. Already I’ve experienced more freedom than I thought possible. As a tech consultant being able to remotely access my clients computers while on the go has opened up a whole new world for me… but more on that next time.
Haha well that's not really story, but thanks for sharing. You make a good point I think a lot of us haven't fully considered till now...