my iPhone screen got scratched:( (fixes?)

daveh98

Jun 27, 2007
it is a small scratch and it is not on the actual screen where the lcd is, but on the glass exactly above the lcd where it meets the black finish around where the ear opening is to hear your conversations. I take pristine care of my iPhone. I keep it out of contact with keys and coins. I have no scratches on the Apple logo on the back or on the case at all minus some scuff marks from my incase on the crome bezzel.

The only thing I can think of is that a friend broke a candle holder and some debris MAY have hit the screen. Other than that, I don't see how it could have been possible.

Is there anything i can do to remove the scratch because the glass looks pretty thick. Can I use car wax to buff it out? Its only an annoyance because I take care of my electronics. But it is a small scratch not on the viewable part of the screen.

JPizzzle

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I would look up how to fix scratches on optical glass. You'll prob have to use some type of abbrasive such as brasso. I've read that Apple will replace a scratched iPhone for 199, which I think is way too much to pay. You can even try putting a crystal shield over the screen and that might hide the scratch and also protect from future scratches. Sorry to hear, good luck