my iPhone sometimes doesn't register calls or even voice messages?

Sep 11, 2009
what is going on? someone will tell me they called or left a message and I don't even get it, I have bars.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
what is going on? someone will tell me they called or left a message and I don't even get it, I have bars.
Are you jailbroken, unlocked, both or none? lol. Seriously though, it could be one of those factors, I would suggest a restore back to a new device and see how you go.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Had the same problem when I had the updated ipcc file for MMS and then updated to 3.1. Had to restore and set up as a new phone to get VVM back!

Sep 11, 2009
hmm

my iPhone is not jailbroken, its stock.

I feel like it's more of a service thing? restoring the phone would make a difference? Do I lose everything?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
my iPhone is not jailbroken, its stock.

I feel like it's more of a service thing? restoring the phone would make a difference? Do I lose everything?
Do you have the latest carrier updates installed? Could be an ATT thing in your area..

Sep 11, 2009
hey

What are the latest carrier updates? I just got my new phone 2 weeks ago now.

My iPhone is the newest 3.1 version.

my friend also has one who lives in the same town and is fine....

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Before doing a restore go to settings -> general -> reset and reset your network settings and see if that does the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 21, 2009
I have had this same problem since I got the phone when it came out - so 3.0 and 3.1. I can be standing in the same spot and the third call will come through. VM will register about 2-4 hours later if they leave a message but a missed call will never show up. I have talked to Apple and AT&T who all seem to tell me that since no call is registering then no one is really calling me. Quite helpful- NOT.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008

Welcome to AT&T. More bars in more places. Riiiiight. :020:throwup

Sep 11, 2009
hey

I just did the network restore, and have the latest carrier updates, time will tell if someone calls my house and says why aren't you picking up your cell though.