My iPhone to boot up every time after a software installation?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

seanrubis

Dec 12, 2007
Just joking. But since you're here, maybe you can help me out. ;)

I was just wondering, it takes forever for my iPhone to boot up every time after a software installation. Is this normal? Even when it restarts after draining its battery. Is there like a tweak to speed up the process because after experiencing problems with it, every time I'm stuck with the Apple logo, my heart's on the floor.

My batt life seems a bit short. It completely gave out on me in little over 10 hours. Would me having my wi-fi on explain this?

On a separate issue, I can't believe my dream girl is pregnant. Sigh. Time to move on..

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
10 hrs of use or standby or what exactly....... how are you using it what do you have on what are you doing with it durning that time...

Spoolin414

Bronze
Dec 6, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Yes it is normal for it to take a couple mins to start after upgrade/downgrade restore. Look into a program called Services availabe in Installer. You can disable things you are not using to help your battery light, but just by editing the brightness of my screen has added hours onto my battery life. Normally I can take my phone off the charger like Monday Morning at 7am and not put it back on til Tuesday sometime after 5pm

Spoolin414

Bronze
Dec 6, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Yeah, you just have to retrain your battery, let it die out til it wont even come on, fully charge it, use it let it run down again. Than you can charge and use as usual. I can get a full 2 days out of mine with regular usage, text, email, youtube, etc

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I would recommend turn off your wifi when you are not using it. This may help on your battery life.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Yeah, you just have to retrain your battery, let it die out til it wont even come on, fully charge it, use it let it run down again. Than you can charge and use as usual. I can get a full 2 days out of mine with regular usage, text, email, youtube, etc
actually that wont help anything at all. that used to be the case with old rechargeable batteries because they had a memory and if u charged them before they were completely dead they wouldn't charge more than at the point when you put them on the charger. like if you charged a half full battery it would never charge past half way anymore. all new rechargeable batteries including the one in the iPhone are lithium ion technology which has no memory. i put my phone on the charger every night even though i could probably go 3 days with out charging and i guarantee the life of my battery wont be any worse than the life of your battery.