My iPhone totally died and Apple won't support me

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Hello, my iPhone battery ran dead and now the phone won't turn back on. It's been on a charger for over 1.5 days and now on my PC for over 1 hour. I only use the phone for Ipod and browsing until I activate it with the carrier at the end of the month and Apple won't support me because it is not activated with ATT (bastards). :mad:

I have tried everything so far, even held the buttons down for over 1 minute and nothing. I've read many people here had the same problem. Anyone has any recommendations?

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
You mean there's no indication that it's charging or connected when you plug it into the charger? Since it obviously can't be activated in that condition, I don't see how Apple could refuse to repair it under warranty. Are they claiming that you abused it somehow? When did you buy it?

I would call Apple's customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get a satisfactory response. Be polite, but firm.

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
You mean there's no indication that it's charging or connected when you plug it into the charger? Since it obviously can't be activated in that condition, I don't see how Apple could refuse to repair it under warranty. Are they claiming that you abused it somehow? When did you buy it?

I would call Apple's customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get a satisfactory response. Be polite, but firm.

They simply said that they won't support it until I activate it. I'm calling back now. The phone won't show any sign of anything. DEAD.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
They simply said that they won't support it until I activate it. I'm calling back now. The phone won't show any sign of anything. DEAD.
How can you activate it if it will not come on? You are in a catch 22, I think.

How did you web browse, etc without activating it? My phone would not get off the battery screen until I activated it through iTunes...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
How can you activate it if it will not come on? You are in a catch 22, I think.

How did you web browse, etc without activating it? My phone would not get off the battery screen until I activated it through iTunes...
Mine either. I was told that I wouldn't be able to use it period until it was activated.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that may be why Apple is refusing service. In order to do that, i think he would have had to unlock his phone... and we all know how much Apple likes unlocked iPhones.

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
that may be why Apple is refusing service. In order to do that, i think he had to have unlocked his phone... and we all know how much Apple likes unlocked iPhones.

Actually, the phone was not unlocked completly but to the point where it bypasses the activate screen and all the features are open except the phone itself.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Actually, the phone was not unlocked completly but to the point where it bypasses the activate screen and all the features are open except the phone itself.
what did you tell Apple when you asked for support? If they know you have been using your phone pre-activation (in any capacity beyond the default activation screen), i'm afraid you may be out of luck.