My iPhone will not auto-sync when connected to my computer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SnkerHeAD

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Just wanted to know if its me .... or when i dock my iPhone on my G5 And iTunes pop's up nothing happens why is it now Auto Syncing like my ipod did when u dock it..

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
A complete sentence would be more helpful but I think you're talking about Auto-Sync and it not working?

MAke sure the option is checked in iTunes otherwise nothing will happen when it is connected to iTunes. If you're having trouble, uncheck AutoSync, Click Apply. Disconnect your iPhone. Reconnect your iPhone, check Autosync and you should be good to go.

dahmer

Apr 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR.
I have a question that hasn't been addressed, either that or I'm searching for the wrong query in the search engine...

Can you stop the sync process after you've connected the iPhone, if iTunes is set for autosync when phone is connected?

rmfnla

Bronze
I have a question that hasn't been addressed, either that or I'm searching for the wrong query in the search engine...

Can you stop the sync process after you've connected the iPhone, if iTunes is set for autosync when phone is connected?

Yes; the slide bar that usually says "slide to unlock" will say "slide to cancel," meaning cancel the sync.

You can restart the sync by clicking on the Sync button in iTunes.

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008

and you can also then uncheck the setting in iTunes which says automatically sync iPhone when connected.

dahmer

Apr 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR.
Beautiful, thank you. Not you beautiful, the answer to my question. hardy har...

Also, when I connect and sync, outlook over writes the contacts on my iPhone. Is there an "iPhone wins" box to check or uncheck or some such thing?

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Beautiful, thank you. Not you beautiful, the answer to my question. hardy har...

Also, when I connect and sync, outlook over writes the contacts on my iPhone. Is there an "iPhone wins" box to check or uncheck or some such thing?
Yup. When the iPhone is connected, in iTunes, click the Info tab and scroll down to the bottom to the Advanced header. You should see this setting there. hope that helps.