My iPod does not support the newer version of Evernote

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by thewolfe, May 28, 2013.

1. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

My iPod does not support the newer version of evernote

I was not able to update my evernote on my iPod so I deleted Evernote off of my IPod to see if I could download the new version. Then when I tried to download the new version I got a message that my iPod version was too old to accept the new evernote.

Evernote does not have the older versions because they are controlled by Apple. Is there a way to "go back" three or four days and restore to that setting on my iPod?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

If you haven't synced your device lately, you can go into iTunes and if that app is still there, may be able to reinstall the old version.
    I always send old apps to the trash for a few days. That way the .ipa file is still there and I can grab it back if an update isn't working, etc...

3. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

RoofMonkey, I still have it in the trash, how do I get it back on my iPod? Just restore it and then sync again?

4. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

Another concern is that I also sync my iPad with the same iTunes. Will this procedure mess Evernote up on my iPad?

5. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

I have found another version in the trash and have moved it into a couple of diff folders ...Mobile Apps in iTunes folder & Mobile Apps in the Music folder. But hasn't added Evernote to my iPod.

6. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

Had a backup on an external HD but is the same file Evernote file as I have now. oh well....thanks for the posts.

7. thewolfe

thewolfe Member
    Bronze

Persistence is a virtue. I found Evernote 4.1.3 on my laptop, moved it to my other computer and voila, it installed on my iPod and my iPad is still good to go.