My iTunes/iPod is mess! Trying to get ready for iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
HELP! I realized the other day that my iPod has some 450 songs, but there are only 155 or so on my MacBook since it was a new purchase after I had thing on my iPod. How the heck do I get the songs from the iPod to iTunes to prepare for the sync.

Or, do you think it will be possible to just plug in the iPhone and the iPod and drag and drop the iPod music to the iPhone?

Leave it to me to figure this mess out two days before iDay!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
HELP! I realized the other day that my iPod has some 450 songs, but there are only 155 or so on my MacBook since it was a new purchase after I had thing on my iPod. How the heck do I get the songs from the iPod to iTunes to prepare for the sync.

Or, do you think it will be possible to just plug in the iPhone and the iPod and drag and drop the iPod music to the iPhone?

You need to buy a $20 program called tune tools to be able to pull from your iPod back to your computer. There are also freeware programs, but I have never used any of them. Hope this helps.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Not unless you've already enabled it to act as a storage device.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
The summary says that is enabled for disk use. What does that mean and how does it help me?

I remember this being a PITA when I computer problems a long time ago. I just never dealt with the problem because I didn't care about having it on my computer. Now, of course, I need it there.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Enabling it for disk use will not help you as far as I know. I am sticking to my original statement above. You can get the program I was talking about at CompUSA and it works on Windows and Mac. I use it to clean up my iPod and my iTunes library. It deletes duplicates and allows you to pull from your iPod to your computer. Disk use doesn't help at all as far as I know?

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Wait hold on, you're not gonna need to shell out any money for this. It happened to me a while ago when my computer crashed... with tunes not backed up. Lemme find the program I used to take songs from my iPod to my computer.

Edit: You're on a Macbook, right? Well if so, try this. If it doesn't work, I can search some more.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23390

You'll probably be OK with that.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Wait hold on, you're not gonna need to shell out any money for this. It happened to me a while ago when my computer crashed... with tunes not backed up. Lemme find the program I used to take songs from my iPod to my computer.
I said there was freeware I just didn't know what it was and I have never used it.