My keyboard is messed up, and I need help :(

Indringa

Jun 18, 2008
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
Well, here is my story:

As I was downloading Blue DarkTouch Keyboard, the download bar filled up and as it proceeded to install, it seemed like the install bar crashed when 3/4 (three-fourths) full and brought me back to my home screen.

I thought this was normal, but I soon found out it wasn't. Now my keyboard function doesn't work properly at all. I can only access the first "layer" of my keyboard, i.e., my letters. I can't see the second layer (numbers), or third layer (symbol and etc.). Sometimes I can't even see the letters at all.

I thought I could solve this problem by just uninstalling this malicious application using Installer, but it doesn't even show up in Uninstall. How can I fix it now? I don't know what to do, but I can't take this anymore.

Is there a way to fix my problem without restoring my phone? I'd hate to lose all my previous applications.

Is there anyone that can help me or offer some insight?

Is there a link/thread I can follow to guide me through this?

Thanks, in advance. :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Welcome, Indringa... cute avatar!

Does the application show up if you try to install it again? I would try to complete a proper installation, and then uninstall it. That's probably the only way you're going to possibly fix this without doing a restore.

If it gives you the option, be sure to "clear download queue" before installing.

Indringa

Jun 18, 2008
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
Welcome, Indringa... cute avatar!

Does the application show up if you try to install it again? I would try to complete a proper installation, and then uninstall it. That's probably the only way you're going to possibly fix this without doing a restore.

If it gives you the option, be sure to "clear download queue" before installing.

The application does show up again in the list. And no matter how many I try to download it, it always fails on the "installing" part, and goes back to the home screen. For that matter, it seems that any application that I try to install never installs and goes back to the home screen.

What do I do from here?

Thanks for your reply. :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Did you clear the download que like I said?

If that doesn't work, are you sure you haven't reached the limit of your application partition? It's only 300 MB. If you want to install beyond that, you need to use Bosstools.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007

If that doesn't work, are you sure you haven't reached the limit of your application partition? It's only 300 MB. If you want to install beyond that, you need to use Bosstools.
Like Psylichon said, make sure you clear the download queue first and try again. If you've indeed reached the limit of your application partition and you don't have Bosstools installed already, uninstall one or more applications and install Bosstools. Using Bosstools, check how much space you still have on the application partition and move fonts first. If you see a change in the size of the application partition, then move your applications. Good luck!

Indringa

Jun 18, 2008
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

Alright, so I downloaded Bosstools, and I'm not quite sure how to use it.

I'm kinda scared. Can I mess my phone up if I don't know what I'm doing?

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
follow what bosstool has set out for in the directions. i believe its move fonts and ringtones first then move applications. this should free up a lot of disk space for you. lets hope that is the problem and you can finish the download.

mstx

Jan 10, 2008
Hey ^_^
I just got this problem also, but i fixed it today ...
btw ! , no need to restore and nothing will happen to your iPhone..
Here's the steps....to fix the keyboard problem
Hope it will work with u
-Common
-Japanese
-Latin

2- In 1.1.4, these go in System--Library--Frameworks--UIkit.framework.

[ IF you don't know how...]

3- You need to Download on your PC WinSCP program to connect to your iPhone OpenSSH. ( You Also need to download OpenSSH from Installer)

4- When you open the program put the host name (your ip address.)
[To Find the Ip Address of iPhone, in your iPhone go to
Settings>Wi-Fi>Click on your Wireless u r connected the blue arrow> and u will find the ip address above.

- Username : root password : alpine ,
then login with File protocol SFTP and tick (Allow SCP Fall Back).

5- After u login, Read Step 2 , paste the .artwork files over there.

6- After u paste the files over UIKit.Framework folder, Restart your iPhone.

GoodLuck

NOTE : If the WinSCP Install setup not working and u get the error msg, download the older version WinSCP 4.0.0, here's the link. (http://download.oldapps.com/WinSCP/winscp400.exe) .
This will work 100% and Have fun.

If u got any problem Please add me or email me : mstx87@hotmail.com
sorry about my english :p

mstx

Jan 10, 2008
Cool, Iam waiting ^^ ..GoodLuck!