My LED flash isn't working!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSm0ker, Dec 3, 2010.

1. iSm0ker

iSm0ker New Member

I just came back from my local carrier with an iPhone 4 and I found out that my LED flash isn't working! I tried to update it from 4.1 to 4.2.1 which is basically the same as it would have been if I restored it, and still, no flash!
    what can I do?
    If I bring it back, they need to give me an exchange, right? But I was lucky to even et that one, there's a worldwide shortage of devices, isn't there?

2. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Do you have HDR turned on? The flash is automatically disabled when you take HDR photos. Check your camera settings.

3. Gom33

Gom33 Member
    Bronze

that happened to me also. just make sure it really isn't working by turning it on using video camera mode. if it doesn't work take it in to Apple and they will give you a refurbished iPhone.

4. iSm0ker

iSm0ker New Member

I know, it's off.
    I tried it both on camera, video camera, and flashlight apps, still nothing...
    are there any other settings for the camera except the 3 icons u see when IN the camera icon? (the 3 icons being FLASH, HDR and SWITCH CAMERA)
    I live in Israel, we dun really have an Apple store, only a retail premium seller. I need to go to my carrier, but how will they exchange it if there are 0 iPhones? :|
    thanks for the replies

5. Mustangman210

Mustangman210 Member
    Bronze

Check out camera prime . Used to be free has a lot of neat feature multiple flash pics and so on etc..

6. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry it's not working...:(

Sometimes carriers have refurbished phones on hand that they can't sell as new, but use as exchanges. Hopefully your carrier has one of these lying around.

Again, sorry about your misfortune...even Ferrari's break down occasionally, right?

7. iSm0ker

iSm0ker New Member

Thanks for the replies...
    I'll take it back tomorrow, and hope for the best :)

8. Jay

Jay New Member

I had the same problem but I turned my HDR ON (not off) and it Fixed It!

Thank you!

9. iSm0ker

iSm0ker New Member

Wow, I didn't even remember I was a member of everythingicafe
    anyway this is delayed by a few years but I guess I should let you guys know that it was indeed an issue with the phone (it also had poor wifi abilities) and I had it replaced easily with my local carrier.
    Thanks for the help and hope you guys aren't dead since it has been 4 years after all.