My Lifeproof Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by cooter32, Jan 10, 2012.

1. cooter32

cooter32 New Member

I just wanted to post that after 6 months of use, the docking port cover is broken, top right hand corner rubber broke and a small slit in the clear cover. Also due to the repeated opening and closing of the dock cover the rubber began to break away. I did not abuse my phone whatsoever. Like everyone else out there I have dropped it once or twice. Overall I think it is cool that it is waterproof and all that but I find it a pain in the a** to have to keep a dock extender handy in order to interface with my car charger and Ihome. Speaker phone is severely degraded and sometimes the other party has a hard time hearing me. When I called about my issues the tech was nice but told me they were unable to help me outside of the 90 day warranty. Make sure you do the online registration and tutorial video in order to get the 1 year warranty. Bottom line...not so lifeproof after all. I've got an Ivyskin Wrangler on the way and I'll see how that goes.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

When did you talk to customer service about those problems?

3. cooter32

cooter32 New Member

Just this morning.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Have you been on their Facebook page? I would try again and see if you get someone a little more sympathetic. On their FB page, try getting ahold of Dusty. She is great and might be able to help. It's worth a shot.

5. cooter32

cooter32 New Member

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

6. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

They have been nothing but good to me. I damaged mine by leaving it on my tailgate of my truck and going down the road and the phone fell on the street at probably 25mph. I emailed them and asked if I could buy another replacement case at a discounted price and explained the case saved my phone and it was still operable. They sent me a new one free. So no complaints here.

7. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have good service from them as well. Had a 1st gen case with sound issues. Called and they sent me a 2nd gen front, no charge. Been great ever since. Haven't dropped it on anything other than carpet however.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

8. iByron

iByron Member
    Bronze

I got mines just cause thinner than otter lol...

9. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

thinner, and waterproof.

10. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

Just bought mine about 3 weeks ago and like it a lot. Have taken it under water even though it's a little nerve recking at first. I bought the belt clip which also adds some shock protection to the case and phone. Best case I have owned. It's even better the otterbox to me. I work construction and though the otterbox offers great deal of protection it doesn't protect from dust and obviously water. The low profile of the case is also a big plus for me. Like I said before I have taken the case underwater but I don't do it a lot. My advise to people is if you're going on a trip or vacation and want to take the phone for a swim for long periods do a water test first that way you can be sure. I know that it's not recommended to take the case off and on (LP recommends the maximum of 50X) so use them wisely. I ride my motorcycle on a daily basis and when I get caught in the rain it feels good that at least I don't have to worry about my phone that's the main reason I bought this case. But like I said get the belt clip for it will add protection to the phone and case and since you can have the screen facing out you'll be able to use the phone while on the clip.

11. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Sounds smart of them to provide good customer service like that. If they want to compete with Otterbox i think they will have to. In my experience Otterbox customer service is second to none. I will definitely be more interested in one now

12. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I think they're crap. Both I've had have leaked at the earpiece.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You're holding it wrong.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Then you're doing something wrong... Been using mine for over 8 months & not a leak one. Just saying

15. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

Sorry to hear that. I like my LP and so far so good (crossed fingers) but even though the case is waterproof I'm still careful with it around water. And I'm not saying this applies to you but when I was doing research on the case I went to YouTube to check out the reactions opinions and reviews of real people using the case and I ran into a reviewer who was testing his case first he did the drop test from what he claimed was 10ft. And the case seemed fine then he threw it in his pool and water got in the case and his phone obviously. What I'm trying to say is the case has to be tested with each drop cause people complain when they drop the phone and without testing it again throw it water and water gets in and call the case flawed. To me it's not a flaw cause the case did what it was suppose to do when I dropped it on the ground protect my phone. Everytime you drop the phone on the ground you must do a water test again. I will tell you that 70% of the complaints are due cause end users don't follow instructions. Again I'm not saying this is directed to your experience but for anyone else to take into consideration.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

16. ryple333

ryple333 New Member

Hey, are we all going to have to buy new ihomes too, with new dock connector?