My list of top 5 missing iPhone 5S features

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by usmanmalikx, Sep 22, 2013.

1. usmanmalikx

usmanmalikx New Member

I made a video yesterday listing 5 features I think the iPhone 5S should have had in order to be called the "Phone of the Year." I still like iPhone 5S but this is strictly listing features its missing that Apple could have put in if they were the Apple from 7 years ago.

PS: Please excuse the sound.

#1 usmanmalikx, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I liked your point about the different user profiles, but other than that I wasn't that impressed.

Also, in the way of constructive criticism, you could lose the 1980s video game soundtrack and boost your voice. I'm more interested in what you have to say than the background music. Not that I could do much better. :)

3. usmanmalikx

usmanmalikx New Member

LOL thanks for the feedback. I noticed the sound came out way different than I had intended. I'm working on a fix!

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

'Good. I'm glad you took my criticism in the way I intended. Sometimes people here perceive me as somewhat arrogant and sarcastic. I know - hard to believe but that's what they say. They're all heretics.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I want user profiles too, but...

It's not all about megapixels. :) Sony and Nokia think if they stuff more MP in then it's a better camera. They are wrong.

6. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I concur with Napoleon. Megapixels are merely a marketing tool and higher does not necessarily mean better.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Megapixels are a positive factor (I also have an HTC One, so I know), but nowhere near as important as quality optics. I spent some time in a Verizon store yesterday morning explaining this to an older lady. She finally threatened to do herself bodily harm, so I left.

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

User profiles is unimportant to me as I never ever let anyone but me use my phone.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Same here, but I could see them being useful for families.

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You have a point but for families, I think an ipad would find that feature useful. In the other hand, businesss can certainly use that features if they have employees sharing phones. I guess it would be useful even if I do not use it.

11. usmanmalikx

usmanmalikx New Member

I updated the video to correct the sound issue.

I agree, the reason I want Apple to push megapixels is not because they result in a better picture but instead so that it doesn't look bad on papers. I know iPhones take great pictures even with less megapixels on paper.

On iPhones user profiles are not a MUST HAVE but it should be for iPads. And if its an iOS feature then why have it on iPad and not on iPhone.

Do you guys have any suggestions for more videos? Any topics you would like me to cover.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd rather have better real-use performance than paper performance. That's why my quad-core 1.7 Ghz HTC One considerably underperforms next to the new dual-core 1.3 Ghz A7 processor in the 5s.

13. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

I would like the control center to have a toggle for location services, it is a big drain on battery life and data and I use it for things like maps and mlb at bat app. It would be nice to have a quick toggle or at least the ability to customize the control center, like sbsettings

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

See, that's the problem with your request. You seem to care more about numbers than performance. Apple doesn't play that game and I'm glad they don't. What matters is real life performance, not trying to pull the wool over people's eyes by increasing numbers that won't necessarily impact performance just for the sake of making it sound better to those who don't really understand camera optics. In the Keynote Apple explained how the MP can be increased by just cramming more of them onto the same size sensor. The result is the pictures don't look any better. 8 MP is not bad when optics are as good as they are in the iPhone 5S. This camera is great for a cell phone and I think it's going to outperform a lot of the 12 MP cell phone cameras out there. It's even able to compensate for a lack of photography skills in certain situations.

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree now that I learned this better. The 5s takes second place in the camera dept., second to the Nokia Lumia 120. http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia1020/

16. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

It's (Lumia 1020) good for still subjects but for moving or action shots, it's so terrible. Shutter latency, is just inexcusable. "Zooming reinvented" is a lot more difficult than you think. I attempted to focus on a distant object and capture it. When I cropped the image to "zoom" on the desired object, it was blurry because it didn't focus on what I had intended.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But...more megapixels...

Everything looks better on paper, so I'm buying it.

18. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

You know what else would be nice. Could just be an iOS update, too, but if the messenger app worked like Bite SMS. I hate that I have to actually open the messenger app to reply to texts instead of just being able to write a quick reply over what I'm currently doing.

Sent using iCafe app

19. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

***wrong thread- this post s/b in my fingerprint thread- not sure how to move it**

just verified that

1. the "hello" only shows up for 1 print
    2. shows up if the launch after lock screen is ICafe- or if ICafe is running in background..... if in background the screen blinks twice then opens the other app( tested yahoo msg, imgur, mail, music)

Sent using iCafe app

#19 Sassytallsista, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Whoa. You agree with me on something? I feel like I'm in some bizarre parallel universe. :D