My Mac won't detect my iPhone + a bunch of other problems

Swek

Apr 17, 2008
Ok well, My iPhone is having lots of problems and im gonna explain them to you.
I bought my iPhone less then 2 weeks ago. It is 16gb and 1.1.4. I used ZiPhone to unlock it and jailbreak it(I have a mac with leopard). Everything went fine.

2 days ago it took a little spill and hit the floor. There weren't any scratches or anything but my speakers stopped working. I turned it off and in the morning the speakers were working ago but they were giving a bad sound. I also discovered that after they started working other problems arrived:

1. The computer won't detect the iPhone.
2. It wont charge unless i use a firewire cable. when i plug it into the dock it says "This accessory was not made for iPhone". Which it was because i got it with the iPhone.
3. The speakers are much worse
4. It wont turn off (i turn it off and after 2 seconds it turns on automatically) I have tried the "Reset" thing (holding down the power button and the home button) Every now and then it stays off for 30 seconds but then it turns on.

If anyone has solutions, questions or the same problem please tell me.

Thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Doesn't sound promising. You might be able to get Apple to repair it for $250. You basically get a refurb phone out of the deal, but it sounds like you've got some serious internal damage.

Swek

Apr 17, 2008
Doesn't sound promising. You might be able to get Apple to repair it for $250. You basically get a refurb phone out of the deal, but it sounds like you've got some serious internal damage.
Figured as much. But i'm pretty sure that its a hardware problem so if i make sure that they don't find out that it's unlocked then i might be able to get it exchanged.

Still if there are any solutions please help!

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Try restoring, see what happens, do a full restore to a new phone, if you can get through that process atleast they won't know you are jailbroken, but if its still broken then you have to take a trip to the Applestore :)

Swek

Apr 17, 2008
Try restoring, see what happens, do a full restore to a new phone, if you can get through that process atleast they won't know you are jailbroken, but if its still broken then you have to take a trip to the Applestore :)
Yeah, i wanted to do that but iTunes does not detect it:mad:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if it only charges via firewire, just let it drain all the way. then take it to an Apple store, and tell them it stopped charging with your USB cable. They won't be able to see if you've unlocked, although i've heard if you don't have an AT&T plan, they might get a little fussy.