My Madden 2009 Highlight

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Sick play Ram. I have YET to pick up Madden 09'. I must get it soon, considering NCAA and NFL are both starting oh so soon.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Madden 09 is alright. I have never fully been able to stay entertained with a Madden game. I am trying, however.

I am more of an NCAA franchise fan. It changes much more frequently, and Season Long recruiting keeps you on your toes. The playbooks between the 2 games are almost identical, really. This year, I am committed to enforcing a pocket pressense with my QBs. Ever since the Vince Young days, I got too used to rolling out and either dumping off to a receiver, or running for 30 yards. Our current QB at Texas doesn't have nearly the speed, agility, or Break Tackle ability of VY, hence why my passing game was so horrible the past 2 years (IMO). SO far, this year I am averaging around 75% completion rate with my QBs (I used to be at or under 50%....then again, I was also running the ball 75-80% of the time, too).

I picked up Madden last week. I have been playing the Madden Challenges like crazy, getting used to the different dynamics of each team. The Eagles are my team, and I look to start a franchise with them, and maybe 3 other teams (Oakland, Buffalo and Titans....all teams that I can build upon and improve....that's the point of these games to me, I do not like starting with a team that is already at its peak....no fun in winning all the time). I play on All-Star or All-Pro.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
sick play
was that a hail mary?
No, a Hail Mary would involve mainly straight routes by 3 or 4 WRs. That was a play action out of a 2-back set. T.O. was running a Slant route from the left side. Defense looks like it was in a zone defense. In Pro level difficulty, you can kill a Zone Defense with the deep ball if you WR has wheels....plus, rolling out of the pocket like that usually can give you a better angle, or causes on of the safties to lock up a bit, letting the WR have a better route to run for a catch.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
T.O. Was on a streak, but I threw to the right to have him go get it. I was going to go to Crayton, but saw T.O. semi open.

Still practicing in Franchise before I hit all madden.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
No, a Hail Mary would involve mainly straight routes by 3 or 4 WRs. That was a play action out of a 2-back set. T.O. was running a Slant route from the left side. Defense looks like it was in a zone defense. In Pro level difficulty, you can kill a Zone Defense with the deep ball if you WR has wheels....plus, rolling out of the pocket like that usually can give you a better angle, or causes on of the safties to lock up a bit, letting the WR have a better route to run for a catch.
John Madden? is that you?
lol

holy crap you know a lot about football, though I know one thing you will never know about football.
hehe

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
John Madden? is that you?
lol

holy crap you know a lot about football, though I know one thing you will never know about football.
hehe
:) Thanks....I am no genius, and probably wouldn't be fit for coaching (i wish I was), but I would like to think I know a fair amount about strategy and execution of the sport.

I went to a prominent University in the state of Texas.....for the most part, you are expected to know football. Football is considered much more than just a game there. I never really had a passion for the sport until I went to U.T. Since my first fall on campus, the sport is somewhat of an obsession (more so for college, but moving to Philadelphia has me actually loving the NFl now too). it comes from MANY years of watching, and many years of playing football video games, i guess.

What is it you know that I don't, just curious?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I don't think I even know but , can you tell me what we can do to make our phins win some games ?

lmao

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I don't think I even know but , can you tell me what we can do to make our phins win some games ?

lmao
the 'Phins will be MUCh better this year. Even though I am biased by association, I firmly believe the Ricky Williams will carry that team (literally) to some W's this year. The guy has always been a stud. As long as he stays healthy, count on the Phins having a deadly running game, which will open up the passing options for Chad. Chad Pennington is also the best QB your team has had in many years (that says a lot of why the Phins keep losing every year). Granted, the Phins will not be at the top of their division, but I guarentee they will improve after last years situation. Adding Parcells to the mix is going to help that team greatly in the future.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca

i knew what that play was and the formation and all, i thanked you because that was a good john madden skills! all you need is to get that pen that writes on the screen and kiss Bret Farves ass! hahaha

i did not make this pic, i saw it on ESPN or some sports news show and thought that it was funny

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
:) Thanks....I am no genius, and probably wouldn't be fit for coaching (i wish I was), but I would like to think I know a fair amount about strategy and execution of the sport.

I went to a prominent University in the state of Texas.....for the most part, you are expected to know football. Football is considered much more than just a game there. I never really had a passion for the sport until I went to U.T. Since my first fall on campus, the sport is somewhat of an obsession (more so for college, but moving to Philadelphia has me actually loving the NFl now too). it comes from MANY years of watching, and many years of playing football video games, i guess.

What is it you know that I don't, just curious?
Man, you sprinkle a little bit of football knowledge and iPhoners go nuts. :)

Anyway - Tex, I'm glad someone here knows some football. I know Jason (aggie) is into football, and that's about it. I think JJ likes the Niners, but doesn't seem hardcore (no offense, JJ).

When we moved to Cali, I wouldn't even look at the apartment if they didn't have one available that faced southeast so I could get DTV and the Sunday ticket. I HAVE to watch my Bucs. The Bucs are my favorite team by far, and then the Cowboys.

I can't wait for football to officially start. I went to the Charger/Seahawk game on Monday and that really whet my appetite. :)

As for Madden - are you gamer? If so, do you have a 360 or PS3? If you have a 360, we should play sometime. I'm still learning this game, but it should be fun.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Madden 09 is alright. I have never fully been able to stay entertained with a Madden game. I am trying, however.

I am more of an NCAA franchise fan. It changes much more frequently, and Season Long recruiting keeps you on your toes. The playbooks between the 2 games are almost identical, really. This year, I am committed to enforcing a pocket pressense with my QBs. Ever since the Vince Young days, I got too used to rolling out and either dumping off to a receiver, or running for 30 yards. Our current QB at Texas doesn't have nearly the speed, agility, or Break Tackle ability of VY, hence why my passing game was so horrible the past 2 years (IMO). SO far, this year I am averaging around 75% completion rate with my QBs (I used to be at or under 50%....then again, I was also running the ball 75-80% of the time, too).

I picked up Madden last week. I have been playing the Madden Challenges like crazy, getting used to the different dynamics of each team. The Eagles are my team, and I look to start a franchise with them, and maybe 3 other teams (Oakland, Buffalo and Titans....all teams that I can build upon and improve....that's the point of these games to me, I do not like starting with a team that is already at its peak....no fun in winning all the time). I play on All-Star or All-Pro.
Oh, btw - I played one franchise with the bucs, and now i'm doing one with the 'boys. I'm not sure who my next team will be - but I also enjoy building up a team. Maybe the Dolphins? I KNOW they need some help...

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Man, you sprinkle a little bit of football knowledge and iPhoners go nuts. :)

Anyway - Tex, I'm glad someone here knows some football. I know Jason (aggie) is into football, and that's about it. I think JJ likes the Niners, but doesn't seem hardcore (no offense, JJ).

When we moved to Cali, I wouldn't even look at the apartment if they didn't have one available that faced southeast so I could get DTV and the Sunday ticket. I HAVE to watch my Bucs. The Bucs are my favorite team by far, and then the Cowboys.

I can't wait for football to officially start. I went to the Charger/Seahawk game on Monday and that really whet my appetite. :)

As for Madden - are you gamer? If so, do you have a 360 or PS3? If you have a 360, we should play sometime. I'm still learning this game, but it should be fun.
I have a 360. B McCracken is my handle. I just started my franchise tonight on Madden (I was playing mainly the challenges the first week of owning it, which was causing me to rack up Losses in my stats and not counting my wins if I beat the challenge, which I find LUDICROUS and very odd...anyway, my own little rant). Anyways, The eagles are my team. First go around, I am just going to stick to them this go 'round. Next franchise, I will play multiple teams for sure.

Is Garcia still the starter in TB? He was a superstar here in Philly 2 years ago when DMac went down with an injury. The guy can be lights out, and plays with more passion than any other QB out there.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Garcia is still the starter for now. Galloway just came back and Carnell is on the PUP. I'm hoing the Bucs can finish with a winning season - something Gruden has yet to do, back to back.

As for the Eagles - not a big fan. :) I do like McNabb, but I'm a HUGE T.O. fan as Dave knows. I'll be happy to debate, should you feel you want to. :D

Go ahead and add me, if I haven't added you yet. I'm rxmxsh. Don't feel jilted if I don't accept an online game right away - I usually will wait until the weekend when I can play uninterrupted.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I'll look you up, and add you today.

Cheers.