My New Hobby

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Ever since I purchased my first quadcopter, I find it so liberating flying this thing. I don't know why but it just relaxes me like fishing relaxes me. Maybe the thought of such freedom up in the sky is what does it. Here are some footage flying around my neighborhood on a sunny spring day.

Edit: for some odd reason, the video has no audio when watching it through Tapatalk. Mobile Safari works fine, though.

Last edited:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Too cool! I was holding onto my chair when you were skimming the surface of the water. Does the copter ever get so high/far that you can't see it?
The max altitude it can go is 150 meters so it can get lost in the sky really easy if your not paying close attention but I keep it under 400ft due to FAA regulations and we have low flying aircrafts (helos, military aircrafts, etc) from a nearby naval air station and small airport. My community isn't within their airspace so I can still fly it around.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Great video. Has audio in the eiC app. I'd love to try one of these, but it would be a rather pricey hobby, at least for me it would LOL
It could get pricey but the parts are fairly cheap and are easy to find on eBay and Amazon. The most expensive part is the camera module which is around $165 . Repair is pretty easy as well.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I forgot to mention the video clips were downloaded directly from the drone to my iPhone 6 Plus (WiFi) and edited using iMovie app and Videon app. A lot of people didn't believe it. Especially Android device owners.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Audio worked fine on TapaTalk 4.0.0. (634) beta. Great video!
In TapaTalk, the video works straight in the thread. On the eiC app, it takes you to an in the app Web page. Either app, Safari is not necessary. If the audio does not work in TapaTalk, one can tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner, then choose Web Page. It works there.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Last edited:

zr_yancy01

May 8, 2015
Dude that is awesome - you're making me want to go out and get one of these....
It's entry level but I suggest getting something a lot cheaper without a camera just to practice. You're going to crash a lot so having something cheap won't make you cry or scare you away from upgrading when you improve your flying skills. Hubsan has some nice cheap drones to practice with.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I've had the original AR Parrot drone since it came out. I'm better at fixing it than I am at flying it. And your not giving yourself enough credit. Your videos are much closer to pro level than they are to amateur.

Edit: just realized you said its entry level as in the drone not you haha.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've had the original AR Parrot drone since it came out. I'm better at fixing it than I am at flying it. And your not giving yourself enough credit. Your videos are much closer to pro level than they are to amateur.

Edit: just realized you said its entry level as in the drone not you haha.
I would be a master at fixing one. It would require many repairs with my lack of flying skills. I agree on his skills, not only flying but video editing as well.