My new iPhone 3G

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
ok, as of 5 oclock this eve im a 3g iPhone owner, went to my local iPhone dealer and bought a new 8gb black iPhone 3g.....now i want to have some fun with it....i bought my last iPhone already unlocked and jailbroken....so i don't know what to do.....how do i get the option to change some stuff like wallpapers and sounds/new ringtones etc? any help is appreciated

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This should have all the info you need.
Actually if you just play around with it for awhile, you will figure out most of what you need. Congrats on the new phone, you will really like it. Check and see that it has the latest firmware (2.2) on it. You can check this by going to settings-general-about.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
thanks for that, but i wanted to know how to jailbreak my phone to get the themes etc.....

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
thanks for that, but i wanted to know how to jailbreak my phone to get the themes etc.....
are you on a windows pc or a mac?

If windows i would use http://www.quickpwn.com and then just follow the process. As for themes once your jailbroken you can install winterboard through cydia and then download the themes you want and then install them through winterboard.

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
Great stuff, i heard about that, yeh im on windows, i tried updating my iTunes as i read somewhere that quickpwn only works with iTunes 8.0.2 buit when i try to update it it gets about half way and message pops up and says iTunes has an invalid signature, whats that mean? and qill quickpwn work with the iTunes i have, its the last version

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Im pretty sure iTunes doesn't matter. Just download the quickpwn software and run it through. just follow the steps exactly and take your time. also remember to go into you task manager and end all processes that have to do with iTunes and Apple. I don't know why iTunes would be doing that sorry.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Congratulations for your new iPhone 3G.

Don't download too many applications from Cydia after you jailbreak it, just download the really necessary ones.

Eh, I keep repeating the same sentence to a lot of people, I should just put it in my signature instead haha.