My New Tiida

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Just got the car's license and number plates an hour ago and decided to take some pictures.

The pictures were taken using a N73 Music Edition, the quality is pretty good for an old phone, right? And what do you think about the car and the color?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Come to Egypt and see how crowded it is. It's very hard to drive a manual car here, except on highways and non-crowded places (which still are most of the time crowded).

Thanks for the comment, though. I picked this color because I thought it's new here and it looks great. I could have gotten black, white, dark grey, blue, or red.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The color kind of fits in with my image of Egypt I have, sandy terrain and all. I have not seen that car here in the USA. Foreign only?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It's Japanese and also assembled in Japan, unlike most cars here which are usually assembled in China or Egypt. All the sand terrain you're talking about isn't there, really, it's all asphalt except when you're traveling from city to city, on the sides there's sand but you're driving on 100% asphalt road, you know? I'll take some pictures for you :).

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
It's Japanese and also assembled in Japan, unlike most cars here which are usually assembled in China or Egypt. All the sand terrain you're talking about isn't there, really, it's all asphalt except when you're traveling from city to city, on the sides there's sand but you're driving on 100% asphalt road, you know? I'll take some pictures for you :).
I know. I didn't mean you're driving on sand, Tarek! :sneaky:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
The color kind of fits in with my image of Egypt I have, sandy terrain and all. I have not seen that car here in the USA. Foreign only?
the US Nissan Versa is called the Nissan Tiida everywhere else.
they didn't name it the Tiida here because nobody would figure out how to pronounce it in the States

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yeah, that's right, Nissan Versa.

So it's just different names, then. That Versa is the old 2007 model, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Looks way better in the gold color than silver, IMO.

For a minute I thought the license plate was an out of control captcha box. ;)

Speaking of the license plates... You might considering redoing the photos and blur the plates, just to be safe.

--
Mike

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Its a Nissan Versa in the states.

Many of the japanese cars that come to the states have dfferent names.

Another good example of this would be the Infiniti G35 coupe/sedan.
In the US its the G35, however in Japan and other places it is a Nissan Skyline....Many ppl who drive them in the US don't know this.

Also Toyota has 3 marquis. Theres Toyota, Crown, then Lexus (however Crown has been phased out and its just Toyota and Lexus global now)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nice first car Tarek!

Nothing but Nissan for me, I love em.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Looks way better in the gold color than silver, IMO.

For a minute I thought the license plate was an out of control captcha box. ;)

Speaking of the license plates... You might considering redoing the photos and blur the plates, just to be safe.

--
Mike
It's alright because most people can't even read Arabic numbers here :p.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good point, but they are still on the internet and anyone in the world could see them if they happen to come across them.

So, do you already have your drivers license then?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Good point, but they are still on the internet and anyone in the world could see them if they happen to come across them.

So, do you already have your drivers license then?
Yeah man, I got it on my 18th birthday, which was August 15th, 2009.

Crap, I thought we already used Arabic numerals. That first digit is not a seven?

--
Mike
The first digit is a six. Five in Arabic numerals is a zero in English ones. Three in English is an inverted four in Arabic. However, nine is the same if your handwriting is like mine.

Here's a good image of both:

That is how most home telephones are. But the funny thing is that I had a British tutor when I was seven and she only spoke English but she always wore a watch with Arabic numerals only. That is actually rare to find, even in Egypt, lol.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
they didn't name it the Tiida here because nobody would figure out how to pronounce it in the States
Orrrr Nissan and other companies have been doing it for years already, regardless of pronunciation. Didn't stop VW from bringing the Touareg to the US.

i.e. Nissan Cefiro = Infiniti I30

It has to do with what name they think would sell more cars.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Tarek, nice set of wheels. The gold color really sets it off nicely. As previously advised please blur the plates, there are some really sick people out there and we want you around the forum for a long time. Just because we think someone is out to get us doesn't make us paranoid. lol :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thanks a lot man. Alright then, I'll blur it as soon as this download is done because my connection is slow at the moment.