My newly created theme.

H

Hayesimus

I made some new icons in Paintshop Pro to use with a theme I created for my new iPhone. I figured its time to do something completely different. Here's what I was using before. Very colorful and vibrant. Got the full use of that beautiful display.
002.jpg

and here's my new theme entitled CONTRAST
totally opposite. black and white. very clean and smooth.
contrast theme.jpg

what do you think?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
impressive. i wish i could photoshop like that.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are your facebook and myspace icons webclips? or did you somehow manage to alter the appstore app icons?

H

Hayesimus

by the way, the icons... the white is the only solid color. the black is all negative space. so if i had a blue background, yeah no black. That way no matter what my mood I won't have to create new icons...

003.jpg

see?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, that's why i really like the PlainJain themes.

H

Hayesimus

are your facebook and myspace icons webclips? or did you somehow manage to alter the appstore app icons?
I altered the appstore icons. All I did was create a theme and load it into the root system library themes or something. whatever that file extension is. and then i selected it from winterboard.

H

Hayesimus

I got the whole inspiration for this theme from this batter icon from minimalija... its on modmyi

preview.png

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I altered the appstore icons. All I did was create a theme and load it into the root system library themes or something. whatever that file extension is. and then i selected it from winterboard.
wow... i thought the appstore icons were locked somehow. I may have to try this.

H

Hayesimus

I will thanks you later. I'm out of them at the moment. :p

H

Hayesimus

wow... i thought the appstore icons were locked somehow. I may have to try this.

well. i could even MANUALLY change them if i wanted too. At least I could the facebook one. The myspace app, i couldn't ever find the icon file so It was staying stock. that's why i decided to go with a theme.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't understand why one would want to alter the original icons anyway. Why not just replace them via a theme?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
interesting... i read on this site around the 2.0 release that it was impossible... obviously i should have tried it myself.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I don't understand why one would want to alter the original icons anyway. Why not just replace them via a theme?
well, i meant either/or.

either way, i was never that concerned about it. I kinda lost my enthusiasm for theming quite a few months ago.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You guys seriously didn't know you could change AppStore icons via WinterBoard? :p

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think i'm the only one saying that. but like i said, i was never concerned enough with it to try.