My night in jail. What a great fourth!

H

Hayesimus

Okay so last year I had an awful fourth of July because it was a disaster from the get-go and I nearly got punched by a drunk. Yeah. well. SO I really thought it would be hard to top that. Boy was I ever wrong...

SO, Crystal, Brit, Kirt, and I are all staying at a hotel on WED. the 2nd and we go to the river and just sit out in some folding chairs in the water having a few drinks and eating some chips and sandwhiches just hanging out. I quit drinking rather early. I had maybe 5 watermelon smirnoffs. They barely even gave me a buzz at that moment, but I was sober LONG before we left that night when the sun started going down. OKay. so. We get in the car and Crystal sees that she has a few missed calls. She calls her brother back and is arguing with him about something. Everyone is being quite while she is on the phone even though I'm kinda wishing she'd hurry up so I could turn the radio back up. I'm driving by the way. No one else was sober. Then she just starts BLUBBERING. I'm like freaked out because I hate to see a girl cry. So i was trying to check on her and then she tells us that her Grandfather passed out(again) that morning and that he almost didn't wake up but that he was fine now. I was actually pissed that her brother told her that in the middle of her vacation. Well, we go back the hotel and I give her a big hug and carry her bags to the room and everything calms down and we go to bed.

Well, thursday morning we head back down to the river for the same thing. THey told Kirt he could be DD today since I didn't get to enjoy myself yesterday. So I had a big bottle of strawberry margarita premixed drink. I think it was 1.something Liter. Not sure if it was closer to 2 or 1 but anyway. Not a heck of a lot. But I was feeling pretty good. I wasn't wasted by any means. I can clearly remember everything that happened next. If i was very drunk I wouldn't be able to walk up the rapids to where we parked, let alone carry two chairs and one end of the cooler you know? So... I get in the passenger seat and see that I have 3 or 4 missed calls. I called my friend Tiffany back.

She told me how our friend was arrested the day before and that she didn't know what to do. Someone said he tried sexually harassing them. I told her I had no money but if i could be like a character reference or something, then I'd be more than happy to. THen i hung up with her because crystal and brit were in the backseat yelling and repeating everything I said and mocking me to the point that I couldn't hear what she was saying. I told them to shut up. Then I called my aunt. I told her about her friend dropping off an envelope at my house and then she asked if I had talked to my other aunt yet. I said no.

Well at this point Crystal and Brit start up again. My aunt told me they called hospice on my uncle. He has cancer so that means that its almost time. I said well is he okay? How much longer does he have?! And i couldn't even hear her because they were yelling so loud again. Then i turned around and said,"shut the f up! my uncle is probably going to die soon!" I turned back around and the signal had cut out. They started yelling at me some more. I turned around and said to crystal,"After how you acted yesterday when you found out about your Grandfather and now you are going to act like this to me? Why are you being mean to me?" and she and brit were both saying,"F#@* your uncle. F#@* him!" SO I tried to slap her mouth! But I was still buckled up so I couldn't even reach her face. Well then we got into this ridiculous sissy fight with our hands. You know what I mean? Well they kept yelling at me and it was driving me nuts. So i grabbed my phone and wallet and said,"Pull over!" I am lucky did, because I just opened the door and got out. I started walking. They drove off.

It was 14 miles from the hotel. After a few minutes of walking through these tall weeds that were cutting my legs and ankles and making me bleed, I saw them coming back. They pulled up beside me and I said,"You might as well go on, I'm stubborn." And they sped off. They honestly were beside me only long enough for me to say that, and then they just left me there. I walked along the road calling some people just to have someone to talk to for maybe an hour. I called my mom and told her where I was in case I got hit or kidnapped. Then I called a friend of mine and was telling him about everything and then I saw this cop car drive passed me. Then a few minutes later he drove by again and pulled over. I told my friend that I'd have to call him back.

The cop asked me what happened? I told him,"My friends left me on the side of the road and now i'm walking the 14 miles to the hotel." He asked for my ID and patted me down. All I had on was my sandals and swimshorts and a towel around my neck. He even commented,"oh, you don't even have pockets do you?" I said,"nope." Then he told me that he stopped because I was kinda walking funny but that he admitted it was probably because of my choice of shoes but that he wanted to give me a breathalizer because he could smell alcohol on my breath. I was a .16 :(

Then he told me he was going to have to arrest me for public intoxication. I said,"Well, can I call my friends and see if they'll come back and get me?" and he said that he'd already made up his mind. I said,"But I can't afford a license." He said," huh?" I said,"I mean I can't afford a ticket..." THen he said,"Well its better than dying out here isn't it?" I almost told him no. :S

So then he told me he wasn't going to handcuff me. He let me sit up front. I was texting everyone I could think of trying to get help. My sister, my best friend dexter, a few other friends, my exgirlfriend. The cop told me the number of the station i'd be at so that I could have someone call up there. I texted the number to Kirt and told him to tell them what happened.

Then they put me in a different car, this time in the back because it had two officers up front. I cried a little, luckily i don't think they could tell because I still had on my sunglasses and I wasn't really making any noise. THen they took me in the station. I got my lovely mug shot. They made me change into the orange suit. I heard them say that my sister had called and that she'd have to come get me tomorrow because I was spending the night. Then the put me in the cells. I was directed by one of the other detainees to go to the back cell. Then I sat there in a dark cell shaking like a crack addicted needing a fix. They tried talking to me and said,"What are you in for?" I told them it was Public Intox. They snarled and said,"You don't even look DRUNK..." I said,"Yep... i know." Then the coaxed me out of my cell to show me some card tricks. I was like, this ain't half bad...

Then this one guy was saying something about Louisianna. I said that my dad was from there. Then the guy told me how he stabbed a black guy in the heart and gutted another when they held him up and also shot his brother in law for hitting his sister... I was like,"Gulp..."

So then i meandered over to my cell again and just layed there trying to go to sleep. I just kept thinking,"I bet they are all real worried about me now. They are probably going to be here when they let me out in the morning and I won't even need my sister to come..." Wrong again... I got to the jail at about 645 or 7pm... then after about a couple or 3 hours, they called my name. I was like,"yay, I bet they found a way to get me released!" I walk to the door and the officer said,"Just wanted to let you know that your friends came by and dropped off your bags and it is with your other things so you can get them when you are released tomorrow." I said,"Oh... right... okay." And then I told the other detainees and they were like,"Some friends." And I shrugged.

H

Hayesimus

Well, the next several hours were spent waking and trying to fall back to sleep a hundred times. I didn't come out when they ate breakfast. I then began to realize i hadn't eaten since before 10am the day before and that I hadn't had anything to drink since around 5pm the day before. So when they called for lunch I acquiesced. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and some lays potato chips and koolaid. Great huh? I couldn't even finish it all.

Then I go back to sleep. I finally get woke up by one guy saying that he figured I was about to be released since I was the only one eligible and the bondsman was upstairs talking to some lady that was probably my sister. Yep it was. I walked in there and she gave me a look like she was just ashamed of me. And I hadn't even told her what happened yet. I was like,"Whatever." Then we get in the car. She said she asked what happened and that the lady at the desk told her she wasn't sure, but that when they dropped off my bags, they said I was hitting crystal, making it sound like I was punching her.

I know that I had been drinking. But I'm not that kind of drunk firstly and I was in complete control of my faculties secondly. So if you are going to say that you believe that was possible, then don't bother responding to this thread. OKay. so. I admit that I was trying to slap her face when she was saying that stuff about my uncle. I just wanted her to stop yelling at me. But I had my seat belt on and I couldn't even reach her if I wanted to. Like i said, We did one of those sissy-slapping-hands fights. I then told my sister what really happened and she said well that doesn't really add up. And I said,"well I'm not LYING if that's what you are trying to say." Then we ate at a little diner on the way of our 2 hour drive home. Then my brother in law was taking me back to my truck and told me I owed him 30 dollars for gas and owed my sister 220 dollars for bond. I was like yeah sure no problem...

Well, on the way home I had texted kirt and said,"I'm out, but I don't guess ya'll care..." Well then he sarted chewing me out. I said,"I wasn't in an argument with you! What is your problem?" ANd then he said,"well all i know is that I'm not texting anymore, you have a lot of thinking and kiss ass apologizing to do to all 3 of us or just don't talk to us anymore."

My response? "Don't worry, I won't be apologizing to any of you." ANd he said,"K goodbye."

Then Crystal started texting me over and over saying stuff like,"Quit talkin about me. Quit talkin about my grandpa. You're lucky I don't have my brother kick your ass. Why did you delete us on myspace?" I was like,"ARe you kidding? You just made it abundantly clear you want nothing to do with me! Why would I leave ya'll on there!?!?!"

Then she sent me this...

"Ok I am not going to go on and on fighting with you about this so I am just going to say everything on here. You think you are the only one that got hurt in this. I got hurt to. I thought you was my friend and I now I don't know if we will ever be friends again. What happen should have never happen. From the time we got into the car you was drunk dailing people saying I am so drunk I lost my hat ect. So when you was on the phone with whoever talking about your Uncle I had no clue what you was talking about. The next think I know you turn around and tell us to shut the frack up. I mean when I was on the phone with brother the night before no one stopped talking for me. If you would have turned around nicely and asked I may have stopped. We was trying to have fun and there was no need for you to be on your phone. You have no right talking crap about my Grandp. As for you Uncle yes I am sorry he is sick and dying b/c my Grandparents are to and I know what that feels like. You should have never ever started slapping at me and you did slap me several times. Brit and kirt saw you do it. I never thought you would do that to me. Brian and Josh both have hit me and that is why it's so hard for me to try to be in a relationship b/c I don't want that to happen. We tired to get you to stay in the car and turned around to come back and get you. You said hell no and go to the hotel. So where are you getting that this is all my fault or our faults. Do you think your not in the wrong at all b/c I don't understand how you can think that. I asked you nicely to turn around at least 5 times and than you started slapping for no reason. As for us taking your stuff yes we did b/c you made it pretty clear that you didn't want to go with us and I was scared to be around you after what you did to me."

Most of my friends around here know me pretty well from all my posts. I won't have to explain how ridiculous that is to them. But for those that don't know me very well... I am harmless as harmless can be. I can barely bring myself to spank my dog after she chews up the furniture or poops on my couch. I have never been a fight. I run my mouth when I'm mad. That's for sure. But hitting someone? No. Not like that. Most of you have seen the pics of my friends and I out and about. Crystal is at least 3 times my size and a hell of a lot more intimidating than I could ever hope to be. There is no way I'd win in a fight lol. Well... SO I replied to her message with the following...

"You are a real piece of work. Scared to be around me? You are pathetic. You never said anything nicely to me. You and brit were both RUNNING your mouths when I was talking to my aunt, and yeah when you were on the phone we were quiet. I turned around and said shut the frack up because you and brit were yelling so loud that I couldn't even hear my aunt. And no. I wasn't' drunk dialing anyone. I had missed calls and I was calling them back. You did the SAME thing the day before and NO ONE bothered you. But when I did it you and brit were MOCKING me the whole time and saying frack your uncle and other stuff. I wasn't drunk enough to forget how everything happened. I remember. And when ya'll drove back by you stayed by me for like 2 seconds and then sped off. If that was your attempt to get me back in the vehicle, you should've tried a whole hell of a lot harder. How dare you say you are scared of me? That is retarded. Anyone who knows me would laugh in your face if you told them you were scared of me. You didn't want me back because you feel ashamed because of what happened. And here I was such a fool sittin there believing that you were probably worried sick about me. You are a liar. You lie to kirt. You lie to brit. And you lied to me on more than one occasion. I really believe you now about you and brit talkin bad about me and that it was all kirt. Yeah because that made so much sense. You act all pissy with me because I wanted to go to a movie with kirt rather than go to a lame club(which was what ya'll had said you were going to do) but then every single time I came over after that, you would just abruptly leave with brit without even a word before hand. And then you accused me of probably going to write crap on myspace? All I did was delete ya'll and then i went about my businesss. I've been hurt by my so-called friends before. I have learned how to deal with severing ties with people who are emotionally damaging. You act like i owe ya'll an explanation or something. I had to spend the night in jail. How do i deserve anything worse? You have all turned out to be horrible horrible friends. I regret every bit of the time i've invested in ya'll right now. I never thought that I could ever top how horrible the 4th of july was last year. But boy was I wrong..."

sigh... okay. so now you are up to speed. :(

S

Starry

I'm beating my son... simple as that.. I'm beating him LMAO! You're GROUNDED no more posting on EIC for a week! You'd so not be able to do that LOL

Ok had to revise this... serious note... Friends like those.. who the hell needs enemies! You know YOU better than anyone else does, but when alcohol is involved sometimes it's unknown what really happened but I don't see you wiggin out... Let it go, they'll come around.. don't kiss anyone's butt for any reason.. remember that!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow Hayes, that was very very long lol.
But thats soo awful about what happened...and also, Im on your side about this. I don't think you owe them an apology or anything.

Hopefully everything will be okay, even if you guys arent friends again, just its better to not have "enemies".

H

Hayesimus

Oh i'm perfectly fine with letting things go. I'm not one for grudges except for maybe that guy at work, but that's only because I have to see him everyday... If i don't have to see someone its easier to let go ya know? Outta sight outta mind... :S

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Oh i'm perfectly fine with letting things go. I'm not one for grudges except for maybe that guy at work, but that's only because I have to see him everyday... If i don't have to see someone its easier to let go ya know? Outta sight outta mind... :S
Yeah, but these arent the same people that you have pictures with on facestat right? I hope not...they seemed pretty nice...

H

Hayesimus

yep. they are the ones in most of my pics in my photo album on EIC in my profile. All the group shots. Yeah. Guess I should probably do some house cleaning as far as photo albums go.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
yep. they are the ones in most of my pics in my photo album on EIC in my profile. All the group shots. Yeah. Guess I should probably do some house cleaning as far as photo albums go.
Aww Hayes that really sucks. You guys looked like you got along so well and were pretty good friends. But if they truly werent great friends, maybe this happened for the best, ya kno? Maybe you'll meet new people that truly are great friends that you can really get along with. :)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
damm dude, dump them, i think that the local PD was bored, does not seem lik u did anything wrong...

H

Hayesimus

a risky move icafe. But i needed a good laugh. Thankyou.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
she and brit were both saying,"F#@* your uncle. F#@* him!" SO I tried to slap her mouth! But I was still buckled up so I couldn't even reach her face. Well then we got into this ridiculous sissy fight with our hands. You know what I mean?
If iCafe was in the driver's seat
This is what iCafe would have done...

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, she has pretty poor grammar anyways. move on.

H

Hayesimus

oh you have no idea. She is terrible at saying things like,"them are..." and "we will do this and than we will do that." Instead of saying "then" :p

H

Hayesimus

Those girls are pos
you should have chucked norris them ...
first time i've laughed out loud since i was arrested... lol

btw... does anyone know?
They never read me my rights. I thought that no matter what if you are "arrested" they have to read you your rights. Or is it only if you are like charged and in serious trouble? I never got my one phone call either. Althought that one officer did let me text like 20 times lol

Last edited by a moderator:

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
first time i've laughed out loud since i was arrested... lol

btw... does anyone know?
They never read me my rights. I thought that no matter what if you are "arrested" they have to read you your rights. Or is it only if you are like charged and in serious trouble? I never got my one phone call either. Althought that one officer did let me text like 20 times lol
Yeah if they do arrest you they are required to read you your rights.. but if you say they didn't they will just say they did oink oink

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
so did they actually charge you with anything? do you have a court date?

if not, then i don't think you have much of a recourse.

H

Hayesimus

well they gave me a ticket for the public intoxication. so i mean yeah i was charged. i'm hoping that when i go, i can convince the judge of the facts. That I have no record and that there were events that led to me being stranded on the road. I had no other choice than to walk from that point on. It wasn't even that I WANTED to be out there. Hopefully he will see that it was just a bad string of events that led up to that.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang Hayes, that's pretty rough.
Great friends! /sarcasm

There are always people out there that want to be your friend for who you are and not for who they want you to be, so it's up to you to make sure you find them. True friends are hard to come by these days so don't let them pass you by.

Sorry for the "life lesson", but hey, at least you can say you have a record (hopefully one that can be expunged without much difficulty).

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that being said, i'm sure that the intoxication levels, and stress of losing family members didn't help.

friends get into arguments sometimes. we're only human.