my number problem

docmagoo2

Nov 1, 2008
Hey all,

Have a query about my iPhone. How do I change the number that is displayed under "my number"? The reason I ask is that it is incorrect, the one being displayed is a random number that I do not know.

See HERE

I have tried putting my SIM in another phone and editting the my number actually on the SIM, but when put back into my iPhone its still incorrect. Its a small annoyance, but id like to get it sorted.

Grateful for any help

Doc

ps its not my number hence its not blacked out

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
When you are connected to iTunes, does it show the correct number there? If it doesn't, you need to contact AT&T and have them make the correction on your account.
If it is correct in iTunes, I see 2 options to follow. 1) take it to an AT&T store and get a new SIM card and make sure that the info is correct, or, 2) try restoring the phone. <- I don't see a restore being that much help.

I just thought of one more thing to try. Go into Settings, General, and reset. Reset network settings. You will lose any stored WiFi network info, but other than that, it just puts everything back to factory.

I think it's your SIM card though. Because if you popped it out and then went and looked at your number, it's probably blank.

cheleken

May 29, 2009
You can edit your number on your phone

Go into Settings/Phone/My Number: you can edit it there.