My PC crashed. What do I do now?

Mar 9, 2009
My laptop with iTunes crashed and died. I have a new laptop now and have installed iTunes but when I connect my iPhone I get a Blue Screen of Death. My phone is jailbroken. How do I set up iTunes and get everything resynced again?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Plugging your iPhone into a new computer shouldn't cause any problems. I have no idea what this screen of death is, but i would just restore and re jailbreak

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Do you have your information backed up on another disk? If not, then you're probably going to want to find some software to take the music and videos off of your iPhone and onto your new computer. A quick Google search will lead you in the right direction with that.

As for the BSOD, I'm not sure why that would be happening simply by plugging the phone in. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall iTunes?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
be sure to remove any other USB devices before you plug in your iPhone to the new computer. sometimes they conflict with each other.

also, it may be possible to remove your hard drive from your old computer, and transfer any data you might need to your new computer.

Mar 9, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions. I do have the data backed up so that is not a huge issue. It is the BSOD that I haven't figured out yet but am pursuing some of the ideas mentioned in the cnet article from Croucher. Thanks again!