My PC memory is full and I cannot backup my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by clarelt, Jul 28, 2013.

1. clarelt

clarelt New Member

My pc memory is full and I cant back up my iPhone. Where is the iTunes content stored, so i can delete and re-save the contents of my iPhone?

#1 clarelt, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
  2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It might not be iTunes content that's pushing the storage limits of your PC. In my experience, a big space save is if you have any videos that can be deleted. On the PC side, are there any unused apps that can be deleted? There is a great app called Clean My PC that can help regain storage space on your computer. I use this software on both my Mac and PC. It's safe to use and deletes assorted files that contribute to out of storage errors.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I would buy an external hard drive and move some media from the PC to this drive. Then you can delete it from the computer and backup your phone.

4. clarelt

clarelt New Member

ive got 2 external hard drives ! lol, iTunes is half backing up each time i plug in and filling the limited space i have ! i just wanted to know where it was going so i can delete it all , back up my phone which then solves my first problem, then i need to empty my i cloud so i can separate the 2 phones i have on 1 icloud account ! its really a job for a Apple dude i think ! Thanks neway

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Windows XP:
    \Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

6. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

This seems close to my issue. I have a 250gb hard drive but I only have 16gb available. What the heck is "other" and how do I get rid of it?
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1375219790.293964.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

#7 chris, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

#8 jerni, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  9. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

One of the lesser known disc space hogs is System Restore. Using the windows Disc Cleanup utility you will be presented with a "More Options" tab, at the end of the cleanup process with the option to remove all but the most recent restore point. This can free up 10% or more of the total disc space on your C: drive depending on the settings in System Restore. One caveat, if you take this action you will only be able to restore your computer back to this last restore point until others are created in the future so if your computer needs to ever be restored to a point further back you're out of luck.

Sent using my iPhone 5

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. natalieyt

natalieyt New Member

Go to itunes-->edit-->preferences-->devices--> select the back up history that you would like to delete from your PC--> click ok! :)

Sent using iCafe app

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List