My phone broke today

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
Weird scenario. I have a IP5 w apple care and I planned on getting the IP6. (Also want to switch to TMobile.
Anyway , I broke the IP5 today. I had planned on selling the IP5. Will I be able to swap for the new IP6 and pay extra $250/$350 or will they only let me get the IP5 via apple care?

I think you pay something w apple-care anyway, like cost. But will that price drop?
The brand new 5 will probably sell for more anyway.

*Note* I broke my iPad on announcement for iPad air and people think it's an unconscious act that makes me break them.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Weird scenario. I have a IP5 w apple care and I planned on getting the IP6. (Also want to switch to TMobile.
Anyway , I broke the IP5 today. I had planned on selling the IP5. Will I be able to swap for the new IP6 and pay extra $250/$350 or will they only let me get the IP5 via apple care?

I think you pay something w apple-care anyway, like cost. But will that price drop?
The brand new 5 will probably sell for more anyway.

*Note* I broke my iPad on announcement for iPad air and people think it's an unconscious act that makes me break them.
AppleCare does not cover damage like that. AppleCare+ might if the coverage is still good. You would not get a brand new 5. They quit making them last year. It would be a refurb.