My phone is acting up, anyone else have these problems?

Aug 14, 2007
I've had my phone about 6 weeks now and yesterday it began to act up.

The slider switch to unlock it seems to be having issues. I have to press real hard to get it to slide and unlock the phone every time I go to use it.

Also, when I open Safari to surf the Internet it runs fine for a minute or 2 and then for no reason Safari closes and the icon splash screen appears. Today I was killing time waiting for my car to be washed and tried it and it did it every time I tried.

Has anyone heard of any issues like this?

Also has anyone had to send their phone in for repairs yet and what is the procedure or outcome?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Have you turned it off lately? Or done a reset lately? These act sort of like a "reboot".

Also, try keeping your history, cookies, and cache cleared out.

Aug 14, 2007
Have you turned it off lately? Or done a reset lately? These act sort of like a "reboot".

Also, try keeping your history, cookies, and cache cleared out.
You read my mind. After posting here I did some reading up in the Apple downloadable manual. I sinced my phone to my laptop and it said there was a new downloadable software update for the phone which I downloaded and istalled. Then I held down the shuttof and unlock buttons until the screen went blank(about 8 seconds). Then I had just the Apple logo for a minute or so and then the phone restarted and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the post and I hope this solution may help others.

Chris