My phone restarted itself

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
If its only happened the one time, I wouldn't be too concerned. It is a small computer and itches do happen. Now if it keeps doing it, then I would be concerned.
BYW: which phone?

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
iPhone 4. It was fine since I posted and just went black screen. I had to do a restart. I put a screen protector in today. I wonder if it was the liquid. I also dropped it a couple times the past few days. Hopefully I didn't screw it up.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Sounds like it over heated. Was it warm to the touch?

---
I am here: Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Nope. Not warm at all. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. It's fine now. There have been a couple other odd things since the upgrade too but I forgot what they were. Not significant enough to remember.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I wouldn't worry about it. iPhone restarting itself now and then isn't uncommon. How often do you do a hard reset and/or power on and off?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Here is my suggestion. Run your phone nearly down. 5% perhaps. Open task manager and close out all apps. Do a hard reset. Charge up to 100% do another hard reset.
Your phone will be so snappy you won't recognize it.
I close all apps and do two hard resets back to back before putting my baby on the charger for the night.
Every night.

Reactions: Laylapotata

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
iPhone 4. It was fine since I posted and just went black screen. I had to do a restart. I put a screen protector in today. I wonder if it was the liquid. I also dropped it a couple times the past few days. Hopefully I didn't screw it up.
Hopefully not, but liquid and drops on an iDevice are usually not a good thing!