My plan, Current iPhone

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
**SPOILER ALERT**So apparently there is this new iPhone being announced :mad:

Lol, With that out of the way let me be the first to say that I love my phone. I waited in line on iDay and was the first person I knew to have one(I still see very few iPhones around) Well in March my iPhone cracked. The cost to repair this through Apple is $250. Apple recently announced *rather quietly* ;) that the refurbs would be $250. I was debating buying one of these but I ran into problems with my bank.

Now my Aunt's Verizon contract is coming to an end and she will be renewing it. I am going to go on her family plan and keep my iPhone also. I will be getting the Samsung Glyde. I believe I will see the new iPhone be released and based on how badly I want it buy it. I realize I don't truly NEED the new one as soon as it comes out, Maybe I will wait until the NEXT model.

However as a true fanboy I may just buy it as soon as it comes out :D

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS REGARDING THE NEW iPHONE COMING OUT?

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Good luck with the Samsung. My daughter's A737 is a pretty cool phone with 3G capabilities to boot.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Holy C**P Man. Wow 5k posts nearly. I have not been so active since launch. But wow Congratulations. Thanks for the kind words. I'll still enjoy the Software updates of the iPhone. If the newer one turns out to be something I 'Need' I will buy it. I think I am going to wait though to see how it goes.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Don't worry, I'll be in line this year. I'm not waiting a month again.

- John

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'll be back in line on iDay 2.0 as well. I've thought about just holding on to my current one to see if the price drops but I figure that Apple would try and avoid that fiasco again so might as well get it on release day again.

I can't wait.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I'll be back in line on iDay 2.0 as well. I've thought about just holding on to my current one to see if the price drops but I figure that Apple would try and avoid that fiasco again so might as well get it on release day again.

I can't wait.

Price is Def. a factor. If the phone is 400 I will consider DEF getting it , I will also try to fix my iPhone's screen once I get my new phone.

There was also a rumor of ATT offering 5 dollars for insurance. If that is the case I may get it and a week or two later 'drop' my iPhone ;) WHOS bad?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Be careful with that. The old AT&T insurance doesn't cover accidental damage. You can still kind of tell them it broke in a way that doesn't seem like accidental damage but I would check the policy before doing it.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Be careful with that. The old AT&T insurance doesn't cover accidental damage. You can still kind of tell them it broke in a way that doesn't seem like accidental damage but I would check the policy before doing it.
How is my screen cracking NOT an accident?

And The crack I was told voided my warranty because if they have to replace the phone I need to pay the 250.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
How is my screen cracking NOT an accident?

And The crack I was told voided my warranty because if they have to replace the phone I need to pay the 250.
He's saying if you drop your iPhone, and file a claim with insurance - they won't replace it because it's your fault (accidental damage).

Oh yeah, and insurance fraud is bad.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ

What did you mean by that. Regardless I am still getting the Glyde :cool: Today actually. Unless the store is closed for the holliday.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
What did you mean by that. Regardless I am still getting the Glyde :cool: Today actually. Unless the store is closed for the holliday.
He was saying fabricate a story to explain the body damages on your iPhone, that doesn't come back to being your fault.

You will come back to iPhone!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I threw my old Razr against the wall when I was agitated by Gateway customer support (least supportive support ever I might add) so the phone was basically in two different pieces. I told the AT&T representative that it happened when I was putting the phone into my pocket and I thought that was a defect of the phone. Sure I shouldn't have gotten a new phone but I did.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't know much about this phone, but only advantage I can physically see over the iPhone is the slide-out keyboard. I prefer the touch-screen typing, cause the keyboard on my HTC became very cumbersome with having to turn in horizontally, and bring out the keyboard to then type a short message and then push it back in and turn it vertically. Basically what im saying is that it will become a nuisance to use the keyboard, and with of course age, the keyboard will become loose :(

But have fun!
-and don't forget where you came from (iPHONE!)

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
don't know if yall have heard of this before but i listen to *MacBreak Weekly* on podcast every week and this week they were talking about AT&T and Apple...and how its interesting to see were Apple takes there plans with the phone.. its obvious that AT&T has been a terriblecrappygrosshorrible partner with Apple this year. i wonder if they are ganna open up the phone to multiple carriers.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
don't know if yall have heard of this before but i listen to *MacBreak Weekly* on podcast every week and this week they were talking about AT&T and Apple...and how its interesting to see were Apple takes there plans with the phone.. its obvious that AT&T has been a terriblecrappygrosshorrible partner with Apple this year. i wonder if they are ganna open up the phone to multiple carriers.
Well, they have a 5 year contract with AT&T. I'm not sure how deep that contract runs though.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm already standing in line in front of the Apple store.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, they have a 5 year contract with AT&T. I'm not sure how deep that contract runs though.
About 5 years, from what I've heard :p

A contract is a contract. Now, I'm sure Apple has enough money these days to buy themselves out of it, but they won't. AT&T has not been a bad businesss partner... Not sure where AT&T gets such a bad rep from around here. (not from you specifically, Alexander)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Wow if that's a picture of people this year then that is really ridiculous. So, which one of the members here is it? Who has gone missing lately?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
About 5 years, from what I've heard :p

A contract is a contract. Now, I'm sure Apple has enough money these days to buy themselves out of it, but they won't. AT&T has not been a bad businesss partner... Not sure where AT&T gets such a bad rep from around here. (not from you specifically, Alexander)
Oh yeah for sure, I personally love AT&T. They've helped me out of charges that were my fault. I don't know why so many people here have grudges on them.