My Plantronics Bluetooth Discovery 975 will not connect to my iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by loulou1704, Apr 30, 2013.

1. loulou1704

loulou1704 New Member

My Plantronics bluetooth Discovery 975 will not connect to my iPhone 4s, after having powered down my phone and turning it back on this afternoon. It was connected before poweirdown, and now while going through the reconnect process, it shows the xxplantronics, searches for it, but will not connect, saying to ensure bluetooth is powered on, charged, and within range, check check and check. Help! Frustrating, since I've not had the problem before powering down this afternoon and the bluetooth isn't new. I tried the Airplane Mode power on and off several times, as suggested in another post, but it didn't work.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Tried to pair the BT with the phone again?

3. loulou1704

loulou1704 New Member

Yes, over and over again. Is there a way to wipe the BT from the phone and start all over?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you go into the Bluetooth settings, select your Bluetooth headset by clicking the blue arrow and then click Forget this Device?

5. loulou1704

loulou1704 New Member

Hi, and thanks for your suggestion. My 4s doesn't allow the option, I click on Settings, then Bluetooth, then the screen offers the option of turning the BT on and off, and then it recognizes my BT but says it can't connect and then instructs to charge BT, make sure its in range and turned on. There isn't an option to Forget this Device that I can see. Am I accessing the right screen?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is there a blue arrow? I can still see it even when my headsets are turned off and not connected.

image.jpg

image.jpg

7. loulou1704

loulou1704 New Member

When I begin the pairing process in Settings, Bluetooth, the BT screen shows that it's searching ... for devices. Then when it finds my BT 9xx Plantronics, it says Not Paired and doesn't offer an arrow. Right below the bar that identifies the BT device, it says Now Discoverable. When I touch the 9xxPlantronics bar, it again begins to search, then indicates Pairing Unsuccessful, Make sure "9xxPlantronics" is turned on, in range, and is ready to pair. Which it is. Then I touch OK, and my phone begins the seach process all over again, with the same results.

So that you have complete info, my phone power down yesterday seems to have sparked this sequence. Before the power down, I had two BT devices on the phone, both 9xxPlantronics. The first one was out of use because the earpiece had failed and I had to buy a new one; the old one still appeared in the list of BT's. The second device was operable and always in use; it was discoverable and connected all of the time. I've not had any trouble with pairing or using the second device at all, until now. Since the phone's power down yesterday, only one BT device shows up on my phone instead of two, and I wonder if it's the old one, so it won't recognize my current BT device. If I could eliminate the BT device and start over, that would be optimum, but the screen doesn't offer the option to delete. Thanks for your help.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried doing a hard reset on the phone? Press the home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo. It's just a longer reboot.

If that doesn't work, I wonder if there's a way to reset the headset. I've had to do that with my Jawbones a couple times due to similar problems.