My recent Experience with PS Crystal Film

DubV23

Jun 19, 2009
After bad experiences with many invisible shields i decided to buy the PS crystal Film but was worried about issues ive heard about on these boards such as dust, and bubbles from incase sliders. Which i have two of, so hopefuly my tips can help others because im 100% satisfied with my purchase.

First is the application. I wanted to get it perfectly lined because im using incase sliders. and that was tough. My first shot i was unsuccessful so i threw the case on lined it up with it on and just let it drop on. And it was perfect with my white slider. And very easy to apply with the case on, just takes alittle bit more patience. if i push the case closed hard enough it will begin to push up the top right corner but no bubbles you can justs see it pushing.
I put the black one on i have and it bubbled badly, put the white one back on and nothing. I have no idea why this is happening but it was an excuse for me to return my black slider and get a black incipio feather. No worries.

As far as dust... I tried applying in the bathroom after letting the shower run. It helped a lot! but there were a few spots where dust was definitely visible what i did was would peel back that spot with one had and would wipe the screen and heres the trick i found useful, i used the white cleaning film it came with to get the dust off the crystal film. WORKED WONDERS! Then drop that spot into place and move on.

The feel is nicer and slicker than the invisible shield which i found sticky, it looks like there is absolutely nothing on the phone unlike the IS that gave me the orange peel look. I also feel the IS kind of gave a grainy look to the phone. That may have been in my head haha. The IS worked great on my LG dare back in the day but just wasn't doing it for me on the iPhone.

I hope these tips help those who are having trouble, or helps those looking for the perfect screen protection like me.

Now i have a question. I put my first shield on the table the wrong side down on the table and picked up a significant amount of dust but i held onto it. Is it possible to clean this shield because using the sticky film to get rid of all the dust was not an option in this case. What do i use to clean it?

Thanks guys!

DubV23

Jun 19, 2009
holy crap did that thing turn out to be long. I must really be bored, sorry guys.