My replacement iPhone 4

King_Apollo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Big "D"
Well I picked up my replacement iPhone 4 today and in fact it is a week 28 build. Not sure if all the talk about the week 27+ builds being better is true or not. I will say this, I have no yellow pics issue, indoor or outdoor and flash or no flash. Camera takes clean, clear and crisp pics. This is how I always thought the camera should work. No proximity sensor problems at all, no "No Sim Installed" error messages and no more losing bars without touching the phone.

I can replicate the antenna issue, but I gotta say it takes a harder squeeze then my previous iPhone 4 and I can only get it to lose the 4 & 5th bars nothing lower (I have tested in the same spots where I could bring down my previous phone signal to searching). I am satisfied with my new phone and very grateful to the genius I dealt with at my local Apple store.

I had a spare Zagg IS at home, put that on and now hoping Otterbox comes out with the Commuter series soon. In the meantime I"ll be rocking an Incipio Dermashot. Apple bumper is no more for me. I'm pulling a card out of Apple's book, I'm offering it for free, lol. :sneaky:

iappstuff

May 30, 2010
Well I picked up my replacement iPhone 4 today and in fact it is a week 28 build. Not sure if all the talk about the week 27+ builds being better is true or not. I will say this, I have no yellow pics issue, indoor or outdoor and flash or no flash. Camera takes clean, clear and crisp pics. This is how I always thought the camera should work. No proximity sensor problems at all, no "No Sim Installed" error messages and no more losing bars without touching the phone.

I can replicate the antenna issue, but I gotta say it takes a harder squeeze then my previous iPhone 4 and I can only get it to lose the 4 & 5th bars nothing lower (I have tested in the same spots where I could bring down my previous phone signal to searching). I am satisfied with my new phone and very grateful to the genius I dealt with at my local Apple store.

I had a spare Zagg IS at home, put that on and now hoping Otterbox comes out with the Commuter series soon. In the meantime I"ll be rocking an Incipio Dermashot. Apple bumper is no more for me. I'm pulling a card out of Apple's book, I'm offering it for free, lol. :sneaky:
What is a week 28 build? Does that mean, it looks alittle different that the June 24th release?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I was hoping for a week 27 or later but I got a week 26. The pictures on this one is better, but still has some yellow. Are your pictures perfectly clear? I'm trying to decide if I should send mine back in for another one or not.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Cool! :)
Did they replace it for free or charge you $200 (since the screen was cracked)?

King_Apollo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Big "D"
I was hoping for a week 27 or later but I got a week 26. The pictures on this one is better, but still has some yellow. Are your pictures perfectly clear? I'm trying to decide if I should send mine back in for another one or not.
Pictures are clear and crisp, no yellow in them. My wife and I tested indoors and outdoors with both flash and no flash. If you are still having the yellow pic issue, I say exchange it. Friend of mine is getting his exchanged again due to this, genius ordered his replacement phone today. His first phone was week 22, second phone was week 25, he's hoping for a week 28 like mine. Genius told him it most likely will be week 27 or 28 cause that is what they are receiving from Apple now, week 27+.

iappstuff

May 30, 2010
Thanks for the info, I guess i have a 25 week build.
Man this phone got real hot using the accuradio app while plugged in while multitasking. Haven't seen yellowing as some people say. I believe a overheat yellow triangle will show up if it's above 95 degrees. Didn't know about tripple tapping my headset mic goes back to previous songs if current song is played less than 3sec, and start the current song over if played after 3sec.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Just got back from the Apple store with my replacement for the yellow pic issues. I still have yellow pics when indoors with and without the flash. This is a week 27 build. Guess I'm going to have to head back in again.

It seems to be a white balance issue. Why can't they just allow you to change the WB settings? Yes, indoor lights are yellow, hence the yellow pictures inside but why the hell can't the camera adjust for that? Oh well.

MzAzzy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
I just got my replacement today, week 28, and I have no issues! My week 20 only had issues with the camera and proximity. My Apple genius gave some push back but after five minutes of determination gladly gave me a replacement. I am a happy iPhone 4 user!

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
My first phone was week 25 this one is 26. I'm getting another replacement Friday and I'm hoping for a 27 or later. Wonder if they could tell me what weeks they have. Mine will be coming through fed ex since I have no local store.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
They are the exact same phones. You just finally got a phone with no issues. Both my 21 build and my now 28 week have no issues