My replacement iPhone 4

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I tried to get mine replaced, but was told "it's lighting that's causing yellow tint". Once 4.1 is available to the public, I'm going back to another Apple store and will try again.
Definitely try another store. My Genius said it was a known issue, looked at some pics and replaced it right away without any problem. Now, I haven't gone back to replace the replacement so we will see what happens then.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Just got my replacement today after the guy told me that I dropped it and that why it was snapping. He replaced it anyway. Build week 27, previous phone was 23. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I just got mine and it's week 28. I am in the process of setting it up but what is the strip of Decker Tape Pad for? It's about 2 inches wide and about 5-6 inches long.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
No idea. The Apple guy pulled everything off and just gave me the phone. The Apple store was packed.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
That looks kinda yellow doesn't it?

Just kidding. Hehe.
Don't say that! But hey I've tried several times and I can get it to drop 2 bars at the most! :) in fact I've had a minimum of 2 bars and that was only once here at home. The rest of the night has been between 3-4 bars. I could consistently drop to 0 bars and no service before so the replacement gets early kudos!

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I'm getting a replacement phone Thursday. I hope I get a week 28 or later. I went from a week 25 to 26 and I still have yellow pictures. I'm hoping this will be my last exchange.

King_Apollo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Big "D"
Don't say that! But hey I've tried several times and I can get it to drop 2 bars at the most! :) in fact I've had a minimum of 2 bars and that was only once here at home. The rest of the night has been between 3-4 bars. I could consistently drop to 0 bars and no service before so the replacement gets early kudos!
Awesome, congrats. Glad you got it taken care of.

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
I just got mine and it's week 28. I am in the process of setting it up but what is the strip of Decker Tape Pad for? It's about 2 inches wide and about 5-6 inches long.
i got that when i had to return an ipod a year ago..
love those strips! perfect for packing things up! wish i could get more precut and stacked packing tape strips like that!

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
Same with me once I changed my week 25 and they gave me a week 27 all good

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
so are you guys going to the Genius Bar at the Apple store and showing them the Yellow pics and then they replace it or you shipping your iPhone in and getting it replaced?

Just curious

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
so are you guys going to the Genius Bar at the Apple store and showing them the Yellow pics and then they replace it or you shipping your iPhone in and getting it replaced?

Just curious

I have swapped twice now through the genius bar. Both for proximity issues and signal. The last one is by far the WORST and is a week 27. I called AppleCare today and they agreed to send a new one via fedex. Incredibly annoying.