My Reveal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by monkeysrock0622, Sep 2, 2008.

1. monkeysrock0622

Gold

Well, my name is Joshua David Smith. I am 16 years old, and I was born on June 22, 1992. I was born in Southern California, but moved to Marietta, GA when I was 2. I moved back to So Cal when I was 6 and I have lived here ever since :) I am a Junior in high school, and from what everybody says, I am in for a tough year. I would like to go to Georgia Tech to study Architecture, and Engineering (I'm not sure what kind yet). I am a good student, and I am taking 2 AP classes this year. I like school most of the time, unless I have tons of homework.

I love to spend time with my friends doing pretty much anything and everything. When I am not with my friends I am either here, or listening to music and relaxing.

This is some of my family:

[​IMG]

From left to right: Me, my mom, my cousin's wife, Amy their adorable daughter Alyssa, and my cousin Bryan.

I don't know who my father is so I don't have any pictures with him, but I am ok with that.

This is my favorite picture of me. I like to think that it describes me (almost) perfectly. I love red, music, and just chillin' out. Although when I have any amount of sugar, I turn into a spazz lol.

[​IMG]

I am a Boy Scout. I am currently at the rank of Life, which is the one right before Eagle. I have all the badges that I need (plus more) and I am going to start planning out my Eagle project next week. I am going to put in a flag pole at a building called the scout hut in my local park, plus various other things to fix up the building, but I do not know what that consists of yet. I have been in scouts since 1st grade, which is when you can first start. I love camping and being in the out doors.

This is a picture of my mom and I at Camporee last Spring. She is the best mom a son could ever ask for and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for everything that she does for me (being a single mom and all).

[​IMG]

That is all I can think of too say other than thank you to everyone who has helped me since I have been here! I love this site and am thankful for all the kind people here.

2. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

Great reveal Josh. I live in Alpharetta and if I'm required to go in-state for the hope scholarship, then I'll probably be seeing you at GA Tech.

3. Witness

Witness Zealot
    Gold

Nice reveal dude, what is the highest rank a boy scout can possibly get?

4. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

I think Eagle Scout, and by context I'm guessing they have to do some kind of community project to attain it?

5. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

Great reveal Josh. From what I know of the school, Georgia Tech has one of the best architecture programs in the nation, so that would be awesome. It looks as if you have things in order for such a young guy (coming from a 21 year old). Keep up with the schoolwork and AP classes and you should do great.

6. monkeysrock0622

Gold

Yes that is correct. Once you become Eagle, you can earn additional Eagle Palms, which you get from earning more merit badges.

7. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

Nice reveal, Josh ;)

8. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Josh, you're a straight-up dude that always tells it like it is with style and grace. Keep up with the scouts... as I'm sure you know, you're getting tons of great experiences there. Camping rules!

It's great having you around... nice reveal...

9. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Nice reveal, great pics of the family!

10. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

nice family, dude. You have a nice life. You're lucky. Don't screw it up!

11. dcom

dcom Zealot
    Gold

Nice reveal and good luck on making Eagle. Just remember that even after you get out of scouting, you can't say you "were" an ES, you will always be one.

I have very fond (and a few not so fond) memories of my scouting days and camping trips, particularly summer camp. Those were good times. And good luck getting into Tech, it's a great school.

12. SikShift

SikShift Zealot
    Gold

Nice reveal dude...and as OJ already mentioned, don't screw it up!

13. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Nice reveal, Josh!

14. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Guest

Nice reveal monkeyman! You are a great part of the EIC.

15. phsycology

phsycology Zealot
    Gold

Great reveal!

16. phsycology

phsycology Zealot
    Gold

Nice site! :)

17. kokogirl

kokogirl New Member
    Gold

Josh-nice reveal. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your family. Good luck getting onto the school you want, but if you don't it isn't the end of the world.

Thanks again!

18. monkeysrock0622

Gold

Thanks guys, I know I am very lucky for the things I have, and even can be a little spoiled at times (but thats what happens when you are an only child) lol.

19. Buffy

Buffy Zealot
    Gold

Congratulations on your genius status, Josh. I loved the pic of you with your mom - you look like a great guy. I'm glad that so many of the really neat people have stuck around - contributions like yours do make this site a cut above. :)

20. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Cool reveal bro
    I was a boyscout also
    made it all the way to Tenderfoot lol
    for like 4 years but i had a lot of fun camping hiking starting fires and chopping down trees
    but enough about me
    obama