my ring tones gone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Did you update to the 1.1.1 software? As of right now if you are using programs such as iPhoneringtone maker or anything else that's comparable then the ringtones will in fact be deleted from the phone. They are currently working on the way around this but if you are on 1.0.2 then there could be another problem alltogether.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Did you update to the 1.1.1 software? As of right now if you are using programs such as iPhoneringtone maker or anything else that's comparable then the ringtones will in fact be deleted from the phone. They are currently working on the way around this but if you are on 1.0.2 then there could be another problem alltogether.
no im on 1.02 ot w/e it was fine 12 hrs ago

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ohhh, that's really odd. Have you tried doing a soft-restore of the iPhone (holding down the 2 buttons until it restarts)? I would try that and then try putting the ringtones back onto the iPhone (that is if they are still showing up on your computer).

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Ohhh, that's really odd. Have you tried doing a soft-restore of the iPhone (holding down the 2 buttons until it restarts)? I would try that and then try putting the ringtones back onto the iPhone (that is if they are still showing up on your computer).
figured it out....everytime u sync with iTunes u gotta go back to tonemaker bla bla w/e its called and restore the ringtones back onto your phone...apparently it clears it out each time. forgot it said that when i installed it yesterday.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
figured it out....everytime u sync with iTunes u gotta go back to tonemaker bla bla w/e its called and restore the ringtones back onto your phone...apparently it clears it out each time. forgot it said that when i installed it yesterday.
Oh awesome. Glad you got that taken care of. I would definitely be pretty ticked off if all of my ringtones just suddenly vanished. I used iPhoneringtone maker at first but when I did the 1.0.2 update they got deleted and I've been using iBrickr ever since.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Oh awesome. Glad you got that taken care of. I would definitely be pretty ticked off if all of my ringtones just suddenly vanished. I used iPhoneringtone maker at first but when I did the 1.0.2 update they got deleted and I've been using iBrickr ever since.
i can't figure out ibrickr and how to get it going. very complicated...what made u install it easieR? i get lost quickly lol

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Here is the link that I used to both download iBrickr and learn how to get it to work with my phone. The video on here is top notch and has really easy to follow step-by-step directions.
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr
You are running 1.0.2 so you will definitely be able to use iBrickr with no problems. It really is so easy to use. I don't think of myself as THAT tech savvy but iBrickr is almost impossible to mess up.

bnelse92

Jul 29, 2007
When syncing with iTunes, make sure that the sync ringtones tab is not checked and it shouldn't clear them out every sync.