My Safari app disappeared

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Momo818, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Momo818

Momo818 New Member

So it's been a week with my iPad 2 and I love each minute of using it, no complaints except for two concerns I have ,
    1- I lost my safari app after playing with notification settings, don't remember messing with any safari related settings. Can any one help how can I get it back.
    2- can I use my wifi printer to print docs, pics Etc.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad2

#1 Momo818, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  2. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I would also like to know about the wifi printers :)

3. Momo818

Momo818 New Member

I found out that I turned off safari from notifications.

Sent from my iPad2

4. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

printers are sold as saying "air print" their is an app in the app store as well for air print to help some other printers that might not say air print, but can be made to be compatible with the app. Or go on amazon and search air print printers, that's where I got mine.

5. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

as long as the printer is air print compatible. Plus u have to down load the app in the app store. It's free.

6. Momo818

Momo818 New Member

Can I download a word.doc , my resume for example and be able to edit it do some changes, Is there an app for that or it can't be done. I'm trying to eliminate sitting on a desktop after 8 plus hours of doing that at work.

Sent from my iPad2

7. thegurio

thegurio Member
    Bronze

That would be pages wouldn't it? $10 amd it does all of that and more....

8. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

sorry, just saw this..I downloaded Onlive, it does the word, excel and powerpoint..You just have to sync it to your computer and its great. I know their are Apple pages, and notes...I have never used them but I think you have to convert the .doc to make it work for word. I need word for college, and I am not too keen or trying to change it to .doc ..I do not know how...I have onlive on my ipad and ipod...it actually makes the changes to when you go to the desktop icon (windows, in my situation) its already their with the changes..Good luck!

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

9. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

yes 9.99 for each...

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

9.99 per App is kinda steep. I use Numbers for my household budget and other databases I make. I bought the App and when I update my document it updates automatically to my iPad, iMac as well as iPhone. No matter which device I change they all get updated. It's awesome. Love it.

I'm going to get Pages as soon as I have a project that I'll be working on. I haven't found the need to spend the $9.99 for Pages yet, but as soon as I do have a need I'll get it. It's a useful App.

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

To the OP - glad you found where your Safari App went off to. LOL! It's the simple things that are puzzlers sometimes. Glad it wasn't something major but it is easy to overlook and or not think of.

12. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not a moderator here, but you may get a better response if you started a new thread for the question. This one was about Safari

To answer your question: I use DataViz's Docs-to-Go. Pricey, but worth it if you need to edit or create MS Office files.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app