My Screen Shrunk

Jan 12, 2012
I am on an iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 that has been JB for almost a month. Suddenly, tonight my screen has shrunk to the top left corner of the display. I have tried to go into winterboard to respring the phone and cannot get the touch screen to work. The home screen looks as if everything is normal. I have tried a soft reset without avail. Can someone please help me?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Just do a restore

Jan 12, 2012
If it were only that simple. I am at work and do not have iTunes available. If I do a restore will I lose my jb?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This is caused by the installation of an incompatible app. You'll need to do a hard reset first. Press home and power buttons at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off and let go when you see the Apple logo. Put it in safe mode with SBSettings when it boots and then uninstall the incompatible app.

Yes, you'll lose your jailbreak if you restore, but you'll probably be able to fix this without restoring.

Jan 12, 2012
I do not have SBSettings and cannot load it from Cydia because I can't tap the install button. Any other way?

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
If you can get to the point where you can uninstall Cydia packages, I had the same problem with "LastApp" after updating to 5.0.1.

But I has SBSettings installed so I was able to get into safe mode.

Dj101

Bronze
Nov 21, 2010
Pensacola Fl U.S.A.
www.Mix.dj
it is a know issue with winterboard and or activator
unfortunately,you will need to restore this time
the first thing i recommend after the next jailbreak is to install sbsettings onto the notification pulldown first!
this way you will be able to get into safe mode to fix the issue